The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Time for us to offer him a new contract.

He can go at any time but the deal must be for the good of the club.

Cairney did a similar thing at Fulham when he was in demand and said he owed it to the club and got them promoted.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Time for us to offer him a new contract.

He can go at any time but the deal must be for the good of the club.

Cairney did a similar thing at Fulham when he was in demand and said he owed it to the club and got them promoted.

He will be offered and sign a new contract next week. 

UTV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My Brain. 

giphy.gif

Fair enough. Would be fantastic if it did happen, and that ‘Thatcherlover’ on Twitter who is seemingly ITK has hinted that it could be on the cards. 

Edited by villan-scott

I agree with Mr ducks brain!

Before the sheer amount of bollock drop from xia came to light he was living the dream playing for his home town club. Even if his head was turned it was only done so for the good of the club.

I can't see any hint from him that he won't have the club's considerations at heart as well as his own.

He may yet go, but it will still be the club that allows it.

If not a contract to reflect his value to us would be best for all parties!

Edited by Nigel

I think we need to accept that Jack WILL leave simply due to FFP. It is our only viable option of resolving the black hole we have. If he is not sold in the next 2 weeks then he will leave in Jan; it would make financial sense to sell him now as his value would decrease in Jan (due to our own financial position). 

44 minutes ago, eholm said:

I think we need to accept that Jack WILL leave simply due to FFP. It is our only viable option of resolving the black hole we have. If he is not sold in the next 2 weeks then he will leave in Jan; it would make financial sense to sell him now as his value would decrease in Jan (due to our own financial position). 

January is probably the better time for us to sell in all honesty. If the owners have any belief that Bruce can get us promoted this year, then I think they should let him have Grealish for 6 months and assess where we are at that point. If we're second and looking strong, it may be worth just hanging on to him and they may want to gamble promotion. Alternatively, if we're mid table it will be clear that promotion isn't really likely so they can start thinking about a rebuild. 

no the mirror's twitter account seems to have gone the way of talksport, purposefully winding you up with a clickbait tweet which leads you to an article of absolutely no substance

there are 2 or 3 villa "journalists" who are the same and then get really assy with the comments afterwards, anything written by james nursey is a waste of your time, cant think who the other really bad one is

There's no way he's going for £20m now, Levy has shot himself in the foot with his delaying tactics probably could have got him for around that and a loan or two if he'd not tried to almost starve us out and pick him up for peanuts.

• Like 1

Â