The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, flamingsombrero said:

All things considered with our current situation would selling him with a season long loan back be the ideal outcome?

7 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Absolutely not!! FFP will be sorted, we will have switched on accountants now, no need to sell stars!

Even if that is the case I still think there is something to be said for giving ourselves more room to manoeuvre in the market. That being said Spurs tend to complete their business so late in the day it might be worth still knocking them back and see where all the pieces are in Jan.

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Still, I hope he stays but I think his heart would be ruling his head if he did.

Depends on what the new owners have told him of their ambitions. It maybe staying means he gets to play for a club with more ambition and more resources than Spuds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, flamingsombrero said:

All things considered with our current situation would selling him with a season long loan back be the ideal outcome?

No, getting him to sign a new contract (as he will next week) and letting our new incredibly wealthy owners enact their plans would be the ideal outcome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Does a transfer embargo effect outgoing transfers as well as incoming? 

You can still do outgoing transfers while under an embargo. Anything else would be unfair and damaging to players at said club. However, often clubs with transfer embargo will not sell players as they have no opportunity to replace them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

The only "Jack wants to leave" quotes are from the biased London press and they've just made them up to appease their Spuds readers

Take no notice of them, they know nothing. Jack's staying and that's that. They'll have to start a new rumour about a new player. Palace beware it's your turn now!!

Hear hear!

Well said that man.

On 28/07/2018 at 21:46, dnmacf said:

I think it's very interesting Jack continues to start every pre season game. Surely if Bruce was confident he was likely to leave, he wouldn't be structuring his team around him? You'd want to see the remaining players and give them the match time. The result isn't important in pre season beyond minor confidence boost which can easily go out the window in the first game so there's no reason to play the best 11. Bruce is experienced enough to recognise that. It's about forging a system which you intend to use for the season ahead, gaining fitness and seeing where the players who haven't played much are at. It's not like we have another player that can fit into that role naturally (as far as I'm aware). There's no point in playing a system with him in it unless they've got a similar target lined up. I'd like to think so but his skillset is fairly unique, so unfortunately I doubt it. Or alternatively, they actually reckon he's staying! Here's hoping!

Here's hoping.

From my experience in professional sport this isn't always the case.

But I would applaud any coach/manager who assembles their preseason teams accordingly.

• Like 1

Can't really express how excited I'll be if he stays this season other than to say I'll be over the moon.

I've been yapping on about how good I think he'll be, and this will be one of a few defining seasons for Grealish, I'll be absolutely chuffed if it's in a Villa shirt.

One area where Bruce does get credit from me, is the emergence of Grealish. So I hope that continues and I am given further cause to get behind the positives happening at Villa once again.

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to seeing Grealish here at Tottenham, absolutely fuming that Levy couldn't manage to get this deal over the line. Shambles of a window for us, congratulations to you guys I guess

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Karl Emil said:

Was really looking forward to seeing Grealish here at Tottenham, absolutely fuming that Levy couldn't manage to get this deal over the line. Shambles of a window for us, congratulations to you guys I guess

It's like he doesn't want to push you on to the next level. Bottles it every transfer window.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's like he doesn't want to push you on to the next level. Bottles it every transfer window.

Is Levy the new Doug Ellis? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Karl Emil said:

Thanks. We are very much hoping he can have a great season with us and give you that chance to see him play at the lane next season in a claret & blue shirt. Watch out for us making a take it or leave it £50m offer to Levy for Harry next summer. ;)

• Haha 1

Spurs are the worst club at having supposed ITKs.

99% chance they're talking absolute shit. Even more so than any other clubs' ITKs.

ITKs are like **** psychics. We all know they're talking shit, but people can't help but believe them.

This really is a statement of intent!

Can't believe how lucky it was that was that we got taken over by these guys....in the short term at least.

Back in the game this season!

Â