The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

No news is good news. Reporting for training soon. Can't wait for this particular transfer window to slam shut and for Levy to be left disappointed and shocked that a cash strapped club like us have seen fit to not take any sort of offer from him no matter how low and insulting it may have been. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John said:

No news is good news. Reporting for training soon. Can't wait for this particular transfer window to slam shut and for Levy to be left disappointed and shocked that a cash strapped club like us have seen fit to not take any sort of offer from him no matter how low and insulting it may have been. 

The world cup is probably getting in the way. Clubs will be waiting to see if any of their big players in other positions get serious injuries, seeing how their other targets get on etc. Imagine if Alderweireld or Vertonghen had snapped their ACL being turned inside out by Takeshi Inui last night, that budget for Jack would be going on a centre back straight away.

He'll be watching the likes of Brooks and Maddison get their PL moves with minimum fuss and wondering what if.

We've got no chance of promotion next season if Bruce is staying so we should probably try and drum some interest and sell for a higher price.

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll be watching the likes of Brooks and Maddison get their PL moves with minimum fuss and wondering what if.

We've got no chance of promotion next season if Bruce is staying so we should probably try and drum some interest and sell for a higher price.

That’s the spirit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't see the fuss. He's going nowhere.

If the fuzz eventually show up it will be to arrest Xia, and I'd imagine Xia will be long gone along with the Grealish money by then.

56 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't see the fuss. He's going nowhere.

almost everyone in my footballing following circle of friends is talking about him whenever i catch up with them  ,  mainly on the back of his play off performance , but a lot of them have also watched our games on Sky

even the still way to smug Fulham fan in our print room department acknowledges he was the best thing on the pitch that day at Wembley

it's true that last time I checked none of my mates were chief talent spotter for any major European clubs , or Arsenal   ..but it's safe to say people have noticed him and that he is a bit special

£40m special , maybe not , but then Shaun Wright Phillips once went for £21 m so I stopped believing anything was impossible in football at that point

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He might think he is above Leicester or Bournemouth but he definite in the fee above both in an open market

37 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Well this looks ominous...

Bet that this is the Sky sports "breaking news"

Jack will have been back at his first day of training today and will have been told that they have to sell him.

I'll probably buy a Grealish shirt if he stays for the season.

I really don't begrudge him going to the Premier League. He's a wonderful player and you know he'd be with us for life if we had our shit together. His career shouldn't be held back by the state our club has gotten into.

I just hope we're in a position a bit later on where we can get him back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I'm going with "it's the first day of training and we've been running and sweating hard".  That's not a crying emoji, it's a cold sweat one.  Wouldn't he have done a broken heart as well if it was bad news?

I like your interpretation much better, please please be right.  I do wish he would just write that on his blooming tweet though, we have spent centuries creating a language to try and impart clarity in communication and whilst no means perfect it is much better than translating bloody emojis.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I like your interpretation much better, please please be right.  I do wish he would just write that on his blooming tweet though, we have spent centuries creating a language to try and impart clarity in communication and whilst no means perfect it is much better than translating bloody emojis.

The school of Xia!! ?

14 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

To me that says - back at training, working hard, very hot but still love it. Nothing more.

That's how I read it as well but I don't do social media so don't know how people use the funny pictures to communicate.  Assumed everyone taking it as a bad sign was because I don't know exactly how they are used

20 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

To me that says - back at training, working hard, very hot but still love it. Nothing more.

Football, running, sweating/tired/whatever that is, love it.

Â