The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Grealish is a different kind of #10 than Alli. He's not the goalscorer type. He's also one that I believe will fit in better with Spurs' style of play.

A lot of Spurs fans are kind of frustrated with Alli right now. His output is undoubtedly excellent, but he slows a lot of their attacks down because he's not as creative as they'd like. 

I fear Jack would slot in perfectly in their system. I hate to say it/think it, but he would be brilliant linking up with players like Eriksen/Son/Kane in that team and improve their fluidity in ways that Alli struggles to. 

I see what you mean, don’t get me wrong I think Grealish is excellent for where we are and is easily a Premier League player but who does he get in ahead of for Spurs? Eriksen? No, Alli? No, I think it would be a stupid move for him at this point in his career. Anyway, I think it’s only press speculation at the minute and hopefully we’ll see him in a Villa shirt on the opening day against Hull City

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

No, the discussion here was does Grealish have the potential to be better than Ali. Let's get that right.

Less of the high - hat.

What are you on about, "high hat"?

Yes the discussion is on whether Grealish could be better than Alli. Hence my post being entirely about that.

as much as this debate is boring me im going to wade in anyway. Alli has a great habit of popping up and scoring goals but he can be anonymous for 85 minutes of any given game. Grealish on the other hand is constantly involved as play goes through him all over the pitch. They are different types of number 10 as mentioned above with Alli more of a second striker type.
Honestly, with or without my Villa bias, if I had to start either of them in my team at the start of the next season it would absolutely be Jack. And for what its worth I think he would/ will thrive in that Spurs team.

Stupid Spurs

• Like 2

As ever people are overrating Grealish, he is yet to consistently excel at anything that resembles a high level. The jury is out as to whether he can consistently deliver performances in the top flight that he did for us last season, and even then there's a question as to whether that would be enough, because like it or not assists and goals are important for players in his position.

Dele Alli on the other hand has been delivering at a much higher level, and whilst I believe his ceiling is not as high as once thought, he still more often than not stands out at premier league level and is clearly the superior player to Grealish, on top of that he's younger.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Good luck Jack.

It's an absolute tragedy that we cannot offer a player who only wants to play for the club he loves a platform to play.

The money we get from selling him may well save the institution that we all cherish from extinction.

But we should all be angry about this. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

He's off, and I wouldn't be surprised that the news is timed for the change of ownership which seems impending...

Do you think it'd happen at the same time though Jareth? 

This is the eternal optimist in me speaking but surely if a sale is going through - which it looks like it is, all transfers would be on hold until it goes through no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

as much as this debate is boring me im going to wade in anyway. Alli has a great habit of popping up and scoring goals but he can be anonymous for 85 minutes of any given game. Grealish on the other hand is constantly involved as play goes through him all over the pitch. They are different types of number 10 as mentioned above with Alli more of a second striker type.
Honestly, with or without my Villa bias, if I had to start either of them in my team at the start of the next season it would absolutely be Jack. And for what its worth I think he would/ will thrive in that Spurs team.

Stupid Spurs

This is definitely "with" your Villa bias to be honest.

Again, Jack MIGHT improve to a level where he's better than Alli. But honestly to suggest he is there now is crazy.

Alli is far superior right now.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Do you think it'd happen at the same time though Jareth? 

This is the eternal optimist in me speaking but surely if a sale is going through - which it looks like it is, all transfers would be on hold until it goes through no?

Just being a cynic, how to hide bad news on a good news day and give new owners the chance to link Jack's sale with the past...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

How is ‘Good times’ a goodbye?

If it is and that’s all we get then he can **** off with my blessing. ?

he made it black and white... its a good bye man! ;)

Fact of the matter is we need to make FFP right... and hes the only way at the moment. Hes forced out imo. 

Edited by KSV

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Stupid Spurs

This. This. This. 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Careful with those goalposts.

You're so obsessed with creating arguments that aren't there that you can't even tell when someone's agreeing with you.

Â