The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, John said:

I hope we can. I hate the idea of the club's with money circling around us and taking advantage of our financial situation by making bids that are significantly below Jack's market value. They should be ashamed of themselves but will instead be laughing at us and congratulating themselves on robbing us of a few million that is just chump change for them but is vital to our future as a football club.

They could at least give us the curtsey we always gives to other teams and pay way over the odds when buying players 

22 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

His first season at MK Dons was 13/14, the same season Grealish was on loan at Notts County and was an absolute star. Look at the stats for both that season. They're very similar.

Since then Grealish has been hampered by one thing or another. Give him the opportunity to play at the same level as Alli and I believe he will be better.

Why do you think Grealish will be better than Alli?

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

His first season at MK Dons was 13/14, the same season Grealish was on loan at Notts County and was an absolute star. Look at the stats for both that season. They're very similar.

Since then Grealish has been hampered by one thing or another. Give him the opportunity to play at the same level as Alli and I believe he will be better.

Spurs presumably think the same, if they're trying to buy him. But Alli is clearly the better player right now

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Largely himself.

Hence why he's not hit the same heights Alli has.

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think Grealish will be better than Alli?

Because I think he has the attributes and style of play to be a more complete footballer than Alli. Not looking at him favourably because I'm a Villa fan at all, I just think he'll be a better player. It's just gutting that he almost certainly won't become that player for us.

I'm surprised you don't think he'll be better than him to be honest.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Alli started at MK Dons and was surrounded by not as good quality players but shone and earned his move to Spurs. Not only that, he exceeded expectations at Spurs and has been brilliant for England. I think you are being favourable towards Jack as you are a Villa fan

He really hasnt. He has a goal every 13 games while its under 1 in 4 for club

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

In 2016/17 season, Alli got 18 Premier League goals, I doubt Grealish will ever get close to that

talking about England, you said he was brilliant for England

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’a been brilliant for England and Spurs

but he hasnt been brilliant for England, not even close to it. His record is dreadful

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but he hasnt been brilliant for England, not even close to it. His record is dreadful

Completely agree. I think he's been awful every time I've seen him play for England. We look a way better team without him. He's just a bit of a luxury player for me.

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Largely himself.

Hence why he's not hit the same heights Alli has.

Partly agree but you have to also say in his short stay with us he has to deal with a lot of crap as well-

1-Being part of one of the worst sides ever to grace the premier league with a succession of clueless managers and a want away  owner of a football club. Not exactly Daniel Levy and Poch is it.

2- Getting a terrible injury in the last pre  season game and missing a third of the year, and still ends up being one of the most creative players in his division.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I agree. He's been pants for England.

He's not as good as everyone says he is. He lacks the presence, IMO, to be a truly world class player.

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I agree. He's been pants for England.

He's not as good as everyone says he is. He lacks the presence, IMO, to be a truly world class player.

I agree.

But the discussion here isn't whether he's world class. it was whether he's better than grealish. 
Which, imo, is obviously the case. He's far better than grealish currently as well as being younger.

Grealish MIGHT improve greatly and surpass Alli in time, especially if he gets a move to somewhere like Spurs. But it's a big ask.

Alli is way ahead at the moment

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In 2016/17 season, Alli got 18 Premier League goals, I doubt Grealish will ever get close to that

Grealish is a different kind of #10 than Alli. He's not the goalscorer type. He's also one that I believe will fit in better with Spurs' style of play.

A lot of Spurs fans are kind of frustrated with Alli right now. His output is undoubtedly excellent, but he slows a lot of their attacks down because he's not as creative as they'd like. 

I fear Jack would slot in perfectly in their system. I hate to say it/think it, but he would be brilliant linking up with players like Eriksen/Son/Kane in that team and improve their fluidity in ways that Alli struggles to. 

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree.

But the discussion here isn't whether he's world class. it was whether he's better than grealish. 
Which, imo, is obviously the case. He's far better than grealish currently as well as being younger.

Grealish MIGHT improve greatly and surpass Alli in time, especially if he gets a move to somewhere like Spurs. But it's a big ask.

Alli is way ahead at the moment

No, the discussion here was does Grealish have the potential to be better than Ali. Let's get that right.

Less of the high - hat.

Â