The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

He's off, and I wouldn't be surprised that the news is timed for the change of ownership which seems impending...

He's off - and Xia creates a hint of a sale (without much substance) to appease us - seems most likely.

The timing and our need for cash would suggest that Xia has caved in on the price - @£20m tops.....

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Gutted he will be going but you can't blame, especially to a club like spurs. At least we can look forward to seeing him in an England shirt... 

Some of us really, really can't look forward to this. Especially when you look at his underage record for his country. 

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Some people taking this as a goodbye... ?

Or.........

He's just heard we are being bought by the state of Jordan, with Prince William being out there brokering the deal, so good times are ahead!!

Now where are those straws?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lets pray to god the club gets sold and we are able to keep Jack for another year at the very least, i cant bare the thought of him playing for someone else !! Saying that i wouldn't hold it against him if he decided to go anyway, i believe he is going to be a top top player in years to come and he needs to do whats best for him and his career. To think we may only have him in form for 6 months is terrible, typical Villa ay!

He may even save the club by being sold, which would push him into legendary status without really doing a hell of a lot !

Imagine him in the Liverpool or Spurs teams ?  He would fit right in imo, and will only get better !

20 hours ago, KSV said:

he made it black and white... its a good bye man! ;)

Fact of the matter is we need to make FFP right... and hes the only way at the moment. Hes forced out imo. 

it's not, its just that we can't afford colour pictures any more ?

• Haha 1

This thread is grim reading, I think it’s always been a case of when not if of him leaving, he’s an outstanding football talent who i’ve seen develop. No player is bigger than the club though but he still hasn’t gone yet and might not (who knows?). I haven’t seen his brother in Solihull town centre for a few weeks so can’t get an inside scoop unfortunately 

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Thank you for everything. Completely understand this move. Will be remembered as a hero.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Remembered as a hero??? 

Would you find mind if I you asked what for? 

A decent player with some potential who was part of the squad that got relegated and the squad that failed to get promoted twice. A hero? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Remembered as a hero??? 

Would you find mind if I you asked what for? 

A decent player with some potential who was part of the squad that got relegated and the squad that failed to get promoted twice. A hero? 

You took the words from me. Peter Withe, no doubt, even Savo, has more qualifications for the hero status, I mean that was some goal for a Wembley final. Jack is one of our own, but I'm afraid that doesn't make him a hero.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John said:

If Jack is sold for quick cash I worry it will only prop us up until the next crisis comes over the horizon in a few weeks time.

This.

I would hope that the people making the decisions realise this too. If (and it's a big IF) Tony either sells up or gets some investment, then even if we only get money to pay the bills for the next 12 months, the club can give the impression that the finances are all fine, which puts us in a much better bargaining position when it comes to player sales.

A bit of forward thinking is all we ask for. Remember when Lerner wouldn't stump up the £6m for Cresswell when we were on that constant hunt for left backs? Instead we bought Bennett, then Luna, then Cissokho, and probably another 4 leftbacks I've forgotten about, when we could have just bought Cresswell for £6m and sold him for £20m 4 years later :(

• Like 1

On 26/06/2018 at 21:56, leighavfc said:

Lets pray to god the club gets sold and we are able to keep Jack for another year at the very least, i cant bare the thought of him playing for someone else !! Saying that i wouldn't hold it against him if he decided to go anyway, i believe he is going to be a top top player in years to come and he needs to do whats best for him and his career. To think we may only have him in form for 6 months is terrible, typical Villa ay!

He may even save the club by being sold, which would push him into legendary status without really doing a hell of a lot !

Imagine him in the Liverpool or Spurs teams ?  He would fit right in imo, and will only get better !

Spurs have Eriksen and Alli who can both play in Jack's area of the pitch. I see him going there and struggling for decent game time.

I think he'd be a better fit at Liverpool as their replacement for Coutinho. Mane, Firmino, Salah and Grealish would be lethal for them ?

• Like 1

Â