The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That's called 'tapping up' and breaks the rules. All well and good agreeing terms but if their fee falls radically short of our valuation he ain't going anywhere. 

I don't think it's tapping up. I imagine the clubs agree that the player can discuss personal terms and they negotiate the fee in parallel.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Perfect if he want's to sit on a bench with a ringside view of Premier League football, yes.

Rubbish. When he was linked to Leicester everyone was saying how he can do better than that and now that he's linked with a better club suddenly he's just going to be a bench warmer.

They've proven with players like Alli, Kane, Walker, Rose and Dier that they are willing to give young English players the chance to perform for the club and all of them have gone on to become regular England internationals over the last few years.

Surely we all know he is going to be sold this summer, the club needs the money from the transfer desperately, would not be surprised if this was completed really quickly. 

Hopefully another youth prospect can step up and fill the void.

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I get the glamour of a move to spurs - but if I were JG I would be worried about game time. 

No he’s highly praised and well sought after in the game, we’re losing a top player here worse than Young he’ll go places. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That's called 'tapping up' and breaks the rules. All well and good agreeing terms but if their fee falls radically short of our valuation he ain't going anywhere. 

Yes he has a contract and a fee will have to be agreed but our bargaining strength weakens as that contract runs down. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think it's tapping up. I imagine the clubs agree that the player can discuss personal terms and they negotiate the fee in parallel.

Fact of life now they view it as a job, footballers have a short career their agents are constantly having informal chats with multiple clubs before fees are agreed etc. It’s not just Jacks case this is the game now, tapping up was a headline years ago. There’s constant discussions globally all the time, as a club we’re doing it 100%. 

Clubs talk to agents sound out of a player would be open to a move, if so they talk ball park figures. If it’s acceptable then they talk to the selling club,  agree a fee, this is where the figures are hammered out in writing and a player signs. 

If you think no discussions take place until a fee is arranged then you’re naive really. 

There’s no legs to the Liverpool story either. 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

If this is true concerning Spurs rumour I will be very sad to see him go. Sadder still if it’s for 20m which is at least 5m-10m short of the going rate.

I’d be asking for 25m up front plus add ons taking the deal to 30m and who knows the club may already be doing that?

I just wonder who is doing the negotiations on Villa’s behalf?

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely we all know he is going to be sold this summer, the club needs the money from the transfer desperately, would not be surprised if this was completed really quickly. 

Hopefully another youth prospect can step up and fill the void.

Time for young starlet Glenn Whelan to step up and become our creative talisman and lead us to mediocrity.

• Like 1

If Jack must go, I don't want us to be taken to the cleaners by Levy or by anyone else over the fee. We may need the money but he is our most saleable playing asset so we must make sure we don't sell off the family silver for the price of stainless steel or we may be needing money again in a couple of months but have nobody left to sell that anyone else wants. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's better than Alli so I guess we'll be getting him as a loan then, as Alli won't want to sit on the bench :D 

I’m a massive fan of Jack but he’s not better than Alli, not a chance in hell

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m a massive fan of Jack but he’s not better than Alli, not a chance in hell

Play Grealish in a good team and I guarantee we'll see that he is better than Alli.

Play Alli in a crap team like ours and he'd have nowhere near the influence on us that Grealish does.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Alli is only 22, 7 months younger than Jack, Alli has played 26 times for England, Jack hasn’t turned out for England. Alli has proven himself at Spurs by scoring double figures for Spurs in 2 of the 3 seasons he has been at Spurs (he scored 9 last season). Jack has only scored 9 in his whole career. To say Jack is better than Alli is preposterous in my opinion 

Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Alli is only 22, 7 months younger than Jack, Alli has played 26 times for England, Jack hasn’t turned out for England. Alli has proven himself at Spurs by scoring double figures for Spurs in 2 of the 3 seasons he has been at Spurs (he scored 9 last season). Jack has only scored 9 in his whole career. To say Jack is better than Alli is preposterous in my opinion 

That's it though isn't it? Alli has had the opportunities. He's been playing with quality players, which has obviously brought him on more than it would have done if he was playing in a crap team like Grealish has been. Grealish hasn't had that chance, but has still been absolutely quality in a pretty bad team. Would Alli have been as good if he was playing for us these past 3 years, probably not.

Let's just see who is the better player this time 3 years from now...

Edited by Okonokos

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

That's it though isn't it? Alli has had the opportunities. He's been playing with quality players, which has obviously brought him on more than it would have done if he was playing in a crap team like Grealish has been. Grealish hasn't had that chance, but has still been absolutely quality in a pretty bad team. Would Alli have been as good if he was playing for us these past 3 years, probably not.

Let's just see who is the better player this time 3 years from now...

Alli started at MK Dons and was surrounded by not as good quality players but shone and earned his move to Spurs. Not only that, he exceeded expectations at Spurs and has been brilliant for England. I think you are being favourable towards Jack as you are a Villa fan

3 hours ago, striker said:

If this is true concerning Spurs rumour I will be very sad to see him go. Sadder still if it’s for 20m which is at least 5m-10m short of the going rate.

I’d be asking for 25m up front plus add ons taking the deal to 30m and who knows the club may already be doing that?

I just wonder who is doing the negotiations on Villa’s behalf?

Depends on how much of a mess we are in financially.  I doubt the club can afford to turn down 20M. 

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Love preposterous. Dont see it enough these days.

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Alli started at MK Dons and was surrounded by not as good quality players but shone and earned his move to Spurs. Not only that, he exceeded expectations at Spurs and has been brilliant for England. I think you are being favourable towards Jack as you are a Villa fan

His first season at MK Dons was 13/14, the same season Grealish was on loan at Notts County and was an absolute star. Look at the stats for both that season. They're very similar.

Since then Grealish has been hampered by one thing or another. Give him the opportunity to play at the same level as Alli and I believe he will be better.

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends on how much of a mess we are in financially.  I doubt the club can afford to turn down 20M. 

I hope we can. I hate the idea of the club's with money circling around us and taking advantage of our financial situation by making bids that are significantly below Jack's market value. They should be ashamed of themselves but will instead be laughing at us and congratulating themselves on robbing us of a few million that is just chump change for them but is vital to our future as a football club.

Â