The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

"Football fans want players and mangers to be loyal but aren't loyal back," might be one of the thickest things I've ever read.

Now read it back but in Gabby’s slow, stupid voice… 

It makes your brain itch, doesn’t it! 

He could have read the room better and not post that while people are hurting, but he's not far off is he? Jack is vilified for leaving as a Villa fan because he was too good for the club, but Dean Smith can **** off because he's currently not good enough for the club, despite also being a Villa fan. It's almost like this is a professional business, and the interests of that business trump any notion of sentimentality. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He could have read the room better and not post that while people are hurting, but he's not far off is he? Jack is vilified for leaving as a Villa fan because he was too good for the club, but Dean Smith can **** off because he's currently not good enough for the club, despite also being a Villa fan. It's almost like this is a professional business, and the interests of that business trump any notion of sentimentality. 

The majority of fans didn't want Smith to go, as illustrated in the poll on here, it's Purslow's decision not ours .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

The majority of fans didn't want Smith to go, as illustrated in the poll on here, it's Purslow's decision not ours .

I think the poll favoured exit overall, just not immediately after the Southampton game. Social media has been completely toxic for weeks now, from a lot of the same people who stunk it out when Grealish left.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Jack Grealish is a Villa fan just like Dean Smith and us. So I have no problem with him being emotional.

That said its a bit bloody rich isnt it?

Maybe when Dean asked you to stay and show some loyalty and you said "nah" that might have had something to do with him losing his job now? Loyalty indeed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AV82 said:

I agree with Gabby/Jack. Far too many reactionary, fickle fans of this club and others.

I suppose this isn’t the right place to discuss it in length, but it’s a symptom of the society we live in. We’re in an instant gratification era.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Gabby is a disgusting xenophobe with his ongoing weird obsession with Garde. Chancer. Just needs to pipe down

He really is obsessed with Garde. I also remember Micah criticising Garde for trying to teach him how to control the ball, with Lineker and Shearer giggling away like morons.

Guardiola taught Sterling how to control the ball so it immediately put him on the front foot, something Sterling said had a huge impact on his game.

The likes of Micah and Gabby obviously way too good to be worrying about the finer details though! Idiots.

Have to admit, I've softened on Jack since the summer. Maybe it helps that the Man City dream isn't working out for him just yet.

Also, I think he genuinely loved playing for Dean. It may be that he never repeats the form he found for those 3 seasons working under Dean. Will be the subject of one of those bittersweet podcast episodes in 10 years' time when he's declared bankruptcy and divorced his third wife.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Have to admit, I've softened on Jack since the summer. Maybe it helps that the Man City dream isn't working out for him just yet.

Also, I think he genuinely loved playing for Dean. It may be that he never repeats the form he found for those 3 seasons working under Dean. Will be the subject of one of those bittersweet podcast episodes in 10 years' time when he's declared bankruptcy and divorced his third wife.

It's not exactly surprising he loved playing for Dean though is it? He made him captain, everything went through him...

• Like 1

Just now, Hornso said:

It's not exactly surprising he loved playing for Dean though is it? He made him captain, everything went through him...

Oh of course.

I've always thought it would be a mistake for Jack to leave Villa, but clearly all the advice players get is you need to play Champions League football and be an England regular if you want to maximise your profile and earnings and bla bla bla. And in 99% of cases, it's probably correct. But Jack seems like one of those players who maybe does need to be the big fish. Let's see. I hope his career goes well, but we'll always be a bit stung by the timing of his move to City.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Let's face it, had he posted nothing instead there would've been people who complained about him not caring and complained about that.

There was a really funny post here.

Can't remember who it was or who it was about. Something like "You come across like a lunatic".

I enjoyed it.

The bit about fans loyalty from Jack seems a bit odd given fans have had nothing to do with this decision. Yes some have felt its time for a change but a lot haven't, his name was being sung on Friday and he's definitely not been hounded out. I'd say most are surprised and dissapointed at the timing of it if nothing else. 

I get the impression Jack has had a lot of grief from Villa fans since he left and is surprised at the speed in which he's gone from hero to zero. 

Â