The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Squad rotation, Grealish has got to get used to it

Foden, Gundogan, KDB and Bernardo will always start the big games. He is fighting Mahrez, Sterling and Jesus for the last spot. Jesus is the form player and the twitter plastics prefer Mahrez to him

31 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

Benched for the Utd game. Bet he regrets leaving us - he’s been piss poor this season. 

He's not shone, yet despite not winning MotM in any games and not having scored or assisted as much as others, he's still right uip there in terms of average ratings, whoscored have him joint second

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167/Show/England-Manchester-City

His highs haven't been as high as other players, and he's certainly not been at his best, but piss poor? Nah, that's just not true, he's been pretty solid. I just don't think that magic will shine through playing for Man City. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Foden, Gundogan, KDB and Bernardo will always start the big games. He is fighting Mahrez, Sterling and Jesus for the last spot. Jesus is the form player and the twitter plastics prefer Mahrez to him

Nothing is certain. he played at Chelsea and PSG. Pep has an array of riches he can do what he wants. 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Nothing is certain. he played at Chelsea and PSG. Pep has an array of riches he can do what he wants. 

He was dreadful vs PSG and thats why Pep isnt playing him here

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's not shone, yet despite not winning MotM in any games and not having scored or assisted as much as others, he's still right uip there in terms of average ratings, whoscored have him joint second

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167/Show/England-Manchester-City

His highs haven't been as high as other players, and he's certainly not been at his best, but piss poor? Nah, that's just not true, he's been pretty solid. I just don't think that magic will shine through playing for Man City. 

Sorry but compared to his high standards last season, he’s been piss poor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lads, this 'I hope he's sitting on the bench thinking how bad his old team is' stuff comes across as quite profoundly damaged.

Just sitting at home texting my ex-wife 'LOOK HOW BADLY I'M DOING' thinking I'm making some sort of point that isn't completely embarrassing.

It's nice to see he's been dropped/rotated and this City side look more balanced/better without him IMO.

Buuuut...

And as much as I'd love to believe it, no way is he sat on the bench having regrets that he's not playing with us, 🙈.. he's probably just enjoying this City masterclass.

18 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I thought we'd have gotten over this by now but are we really still clutching for him to be a shit player all of a sudden? 

Don't think anyones saying he's shit....just that he won't offer city what they are looking for...never will be.

We had to build a team around him to turn him into the player he was.

Its all such a waste!

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Don't think anyones saying he's shit....just that he won't offer city what they are looking for...never will be.

We had to build a team around him to turn him into the player he was.

Its all such a waste!

What grealish needs to do is taking all the personality out of him and play like a programmed machine like the rest of the city players. 

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

I thought we'd have gotten over this by now but are we really still clutching for him to be a shit player all of a sudden? 

wire-the-bunk-oh-indeed.gif

Given Villa’s current problems I’m not ashamed to admit that I do derive some joy from Grealish’s situation. That and the Small Heath announcement too. It’s petty yes, but I don’t care.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

I think I’m still in shock he left still…. For the **** club!! Of all the clubs. So sick of them poaching our best midfielders over and over…. No not just our best midfielders…. Our captains.

Oh I wish there was a proper financial cap on transfers and salaries.

6 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’d argue he owed [Smith/Villa] at least one more season 

Some would've been saying "just one more season" to him over and over until he'd aged himself out of likely getting a chance to play in the Champions or Europa Leagues.  Footballers have to secure their reputations while they're still working, because unlike visual artists (whose work always exists in the present), once they've retired, the chance of them getting upgraded to 'historically significant player' on the back of people poring over old footage is pretty slim.  (Playing for a narrowly defeated team in a Champions League final or a World Cup or Euros final/semi-final trumps, profile-wise, playing for the winning team in a Championship play-off final - the 'Gazza's tears' WC semi-final effectively shows this.)

Edited by deck

Â