The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wasn't he reported as being ill in the last few days, hence why not starting for England. 

He's on the front page of the Sun this morning - knocking off an actress behind his girlfriends back. I hope he doesn't ruin his career with his relentless pursuit of women. 

Yeah I read this, with Emily Atack. Pep won't put up with these stories in the tabloids, the more it happens, the less he will play. Certainly took his eye off the ball, an we all know you have to be 110% focused with Pep.

He was getting away with murder at our club to be honest, now he's seeing what it's really like, having to perform like a £100 million footballer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wasn't he reported as being ill in the last few days, hence why not starting for England. 

He's on the front page of the Sun this morning - knocking off an actress behind his girlfriends back. I hope he doesn't ruin his career with his relentless pursuit of women. 

The pressure is really on for him. Only a matter of time until more scandals keep popping up. He won’t have Villa bending over backwards to appease and protect him like before either. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Forget the villa fans vs grealish stuff the opening line tells you everything you need to know

People don't want this man City bullshit, this super league bullshit, Newcastle bullshit, our billionaire isn't as rich as your billionaire bullshit, this player value determined by their social media numbers bullshit or this pillow partner bullshit

Whatever you think of Jack and how he left villa (doesn't bother me) he's still the personification of the games gone thread (does bother me) even down to his increased England role despite a decreased club role, his move is rotten and football fans in general know it

Totally - a lot of fans from other clubs know the same will happen to their best players. People are sick of it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I mean we never beat United at old Trafford with Grealish though 😂

One of the great Villa games and results of recent times.  But his goal in the draw at Old Trafford a couple of years ago will live as long in the memory, and the 7-2 win against Liverpool that he was instrumental in will have longer historical legs than either of those United games.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, deck said:

One of the great Villa games and results of recent times.  But his goal in the draw at Old Trafford a couple of years ago will live as long in the memory, and the 7-2 win against Liverpool that he was instrumental in will have longer historical legs than either of those United games.

Yeah good times 

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Well it won't come as any suprise that loyalty with Jack goes out the window when he wants something..................

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This kind of ties into the whole "game is gone" notion, but football and even the players themselves seem more disconnected from fans than ever. None of this means anything to them really. They prefer trophies that nobody will remember even 15 years from now over creating enduring, legendary legacies for the fans and everyone involved with the club. The community aspect is all but gone.

This, and I'm so happy other fans see it this way. For me the only way around it is to link revenue spent to fans through the gate,  I don't mean tickets brought , fans in the grounds. 

It will encourage bigger grounds and  cheaper prices, for home and away fans. Add this to the chance of standing and we are getting close to the game we used to have and it was good , so good I pine for it even today.  

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/jack-grealish-why-has-manchester-city-and-england-star-struggled-this-season/196030

The saddest line of that article is cancelo has had more than x2 the number of touches as he has 

But not where it counts..........with the ladies

75e57f10-96ab-11ea-bbef-e9c74c8f6a03

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Xela said:

I do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The pressure is really on for him. Only a matter of time until more scandals keep popping up. He won’t have Villa bending over backwards to appease and protect him like before either. 

This is a good point. Can’t see Man City protecting him like we did. As long as they keep Foden squeaky clean, they won’t really care about Grealish. 

I don’t care what anyone says, I’ll never understand his move to City. He could have been a hero here, an immortal in his boyhood clubs history. The club his entire family idolise. Ok, he’d be a few trophies worse off but surely that is worth more than a couple of league medals when you only play half the matches? 

Like I say, I don’t understand it, but maybe I just don’t get it. Jack himself came out in his rebuttal to that Preece article suggesting fans don’t get the footballing world and maybe we don’t.

Either way, he better get used to the bench up at City because the likes of Foden, Silva, Sterling and Jesus are outperforming him at the moment. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is a good point. Can’t see Man City protecting him like we did. As long as they keep Foden squeaky clean, they won’t really care about Grealish. 

I don’t care what anyone says, I’ll never understand his move to City. He could have been a hero here, an immortal in his boyhood clubs history. The club his entire family idolise. Ok, he’d be a few trophies worse off but surely that is worth more than a couple of league medals when you only play half the matches? 

Like I say, I don’t understand it, but maybe I just don’t get it. Jack himself came out in his rebuttal to that Preece article suggesting fans don’t get the footballing world and maybe we don’t.

Either way, he better get used to the bench up at City because the likes of Foden, Silva, Sterling and Jesus are outperforming him at the moment. 

It's the problem with many modern professional athletes. He has a contract now for what, 100 million quid? He's made it, set for life and doesn't need to put the effort in to improve anymore.

Â