The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The tabloids only care for money - they have no loyalty to Jack. It’s very obvious the latest woman went to The Sun and sold the story to them. It’s only a matter of time until more do the same. God forbid if we end up with a sex tape situation being leaked. 

I know Southgate is a Yes man and will do his best to keep Jack in the squad, but I cannot imagine him tolerating it either. As much of a factor he was in influencing him to leave, it feels like they are now seeing that side of Jack again. 

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The tabloids only care for money - they have no loyalty to Jack. It’s very obvious the latest woman went to The Sun and sold the story to them. It’s only a matter of time until more do the same. God forbid if we end up with a sex tape situation being leaked. 

I know Southgate is a Yes man and will do his best to keep Jack in the squad, but I cannot imagine him tolerating it either. As much of a factor he was in influencing him to leave, it feels like they are now seeing that side of Jack again. 

I think the best thing for Grealish was Smith who compared to his 2 current coaches allowed him a long leash. Whether thats good or bad is irrelevant but he got the best out of him from this approach

On 13/11/2021 at 10:02, foreveryoung said:

Yeah I read this, with Emily Atack. Pep won't put up with these stories in the tabloids, the more it happens, the less he will play. Certainly took his eye off the ball, an we all know you have to be 110% focused with Pep.

He was getting away with murder at our club to be honest, now he's seeing what it's really like, having to perform like a £100 million footballer.

That says a lot about the regime at our club, if true.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'd imagine that also divides a dressing-room.

Saw an interview with an ex QPR player cant remember who maybe Paddy Kenny but they were talking about Taarabt. A few of the senior pros wanted to punch him early doors but Warnock let him away with everything as he knew he would win them games and told the players this. So the players just got on with it and can imagine the same happened with Jack

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Saw an interview with an ex QPR player cant remember who maybe Paddy Kenny but they were talking about Taarabt. A few of the senior pros wanted to punch him early doors but Warnock let him away with everything as he knew he would win them games and told the players this. So the players just got on with it and can imagine the same happened with Jack

Yeah, I think you are right.

We have three practising Muslims currently at Villa and Elmohamady before, I bet they weren't happy with him....

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This kind of ties into the whole "game is gone" notion, but football and even the players themselves seem more disconnected from fans than ever. None of this means anything to them really. They prefer trophies that nobody will remember even 15 years from now over creating enduring, legendary legacies for the fans and everyone involved with the club. The community aspect is all but gone.

The PL desperately needs to figure out a way to balance wages across the league. Games gone because every time the season kicks off the same 4-5 clubs are the only ones in contention for the league. A hot team like West Ham could even win the league and then immediately have it's best players poached by City, ManU or Chelsea because they literally can't compete when it comes to wages. The PL loves the fact that we blame the player for being greedy because in the end it's all clicks and eyeballs either way. 

As far as the players they prefer to make money, like most people.  In the end this is a job and when you are making generational wealth like Grealish is doing it's about much more than yourself. He is making the kind of money that will make his grandkids rich. Memories of him beating Liverpool 7-2, while nice, will not keep his grandkids fed, clothed and comfortable. 

The PL has allowed this to happen by making only token gestures to balancing competition across the league. La Liga enforced a salary cap that forced Barcelona to shed millions in salary and yet the PL won't lift a finger. Games gone but Jack is just playing by the rules as they exist now.  As a player he has no power to effect change in a multi billion pound corporation.  

Edited by Rightdm00
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Injured apparently, sent home from the England squad, unless he's just not needed against San Marino

I imagine he's got a groin strain after all this talk of his personal life! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Reading the bitterness in this thread, end up with a face like Renee Zellweger.

It's to be expected.

There are still old men alive who continue to lament the departure of Danny Blanchflower and Gerry Hitchens.

I think fans gradually become enured to the inevitability, and can remember the exact moment when they knew their darling looked too good to stop.

David Platt scoring against Arsenal (1990) comes to mind.

On 13/11/2021 at 04:54, villa4europe said:

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/jack-grealish-why-has-manchester-city-and-england-star-struggled-this-season/196030

The saddest line of that article is cancelo has had more than x2 the number of touches as he has 

More telling is this...

This season, 66 percent of Grealish’s touches are in the final third. Last season, it was only 57 percent.

Shows how dependent we were on him to bring the ball forward. City don't need him to do that.

Media reports that he’s allegedly been having secret dates with Emily Ataxk behind the back of his girlfriend.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that Ms Atack, 31 – who made her name in the Channel 4 coming-of-age comedy The Inbetweeners – has also fallen for the Manchester City star.

However, she insists that she isn't going to 'hang around' for him if he doesn't end his romance with Ms Attwood.

Mail on Sunday

Â