The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

"Football fans want players and mangers to be loyal but aren't loyal back," might be one of the thickest things I've ever read.

Indeed,  thing is Villa park didn’t boo or turn toxic towards Deano, personally I think the whole situation has been handled well by all parties involved, it’s just the media that is making a fuss about it, from what I’ve seen of us villa fans is people thanking Dean for the job he did and also accepting change was needed to progress 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Indeed,  thing is Villa park didn’t boo or turn toxic towards Deano, personally I think the whole situation has been handled well by all parties involved, it’s just the media that is making a fuss about it, from what I’ve seen of us villa fans is people thanking Dean for the job he did and also accepting change was needed to progress 

What's loyal about accepting he needs to go? It doesn't matter how polite you are about getting rid of someone, it's still not "loyalty" to fire them. 

The matter has been handled well in general. But it's 100% true that fans want any player or manager that is standing in the way of their team progressing gone, whereas if a player thinks a club is standing in the way of them progressing (e.g. Jack) then everyone gets their knickers in a twist about them leaving because of the supposed disloyalty.

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Grealish labeling Smith "The Goat"

Yet he left him to play for another manager.

Odd stuff. I wonder who does his socials.

Because players only stay at/move from clubs due to the manager.  It's the only reason.  Ever.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They seem to be suggesting the fans got Smith sacked

I imagine the players read Villatalk. when I did a cricket forum for Warwickshire CCC they all read it  and found the posts very negative. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think it's more fans turning on Smith. Also fan toxicity eventually does factor into decisions if they get bad enough (think bedsheets for McLeish for example).

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Tinged with our fans are ass holes towards them, which I can 100% believe, gabby in particular I bet got a tonne of grief whilst still here 

I dread to think what's been sent in private messages to those 2 by our fans 

But despite that the moaning and murmurings from our lot was not a lot more than standard miserable bastard villa fans, to suggest that fans had anything to do with him being sacked is wide of the mark 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Jack isn't the sharpest tool in the shed..

Whether its our own fault or not for how we’ve approached evolving this season, Jack Grealish is to blame for the feel good factor eroding and the chain of events that have us in this situation. Everything was going to plan, better than that even. Dont think the owners or Deano thought he’d be leaving us but here we are.

A fantastic few years that brought the fanbase together with the manager and players; all united as one; something that made us strong and a threat to the status quo; proved with the results we could achieve last season; a connection we havent felt for a huge length of time- all gone again to start from scratch. We all knew how we had to keep him but were ultimately powerless as City repeated history and destroyed the good thing we waited 10 years to get going again.

At least we’re in the PL and have good owners so it could be worse. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Grealish is the type to use that phrase just because he sees others using it. Probably doesn't even know what the letters stand for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Whether its our own fault or not for how we’ve approached evolving this season, Jack Grealish is to blame for the feel good factor eroding and the chain of events that have us in this situation. Everything was going to plan, better than that even. Dont think the owners or Deano thought he’d be leaving us but here we are.

A fantastic few years that brought the fanbase together with the manager and players; all united as one; something that made us strong and a threat to the status quo; proved with the results we could achieve last season; a connection we havent felt for a huge length of time- all gone again to start from scratch. We all knew how we had to keep him but were ultimately powerless as City repeated history and destroyed the good thing we waited 10 years to get going again.

At least we’re in the PL and have good owners so it could be worse. 

And their fans have this whole "what did we do wrong? why does everyone hate us?" gormless attitude as well

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Weird that Ronaldo left Man Utd but thank Ferguson is the goat. 

It’s almost as if the manager isn’t the only thing players care about

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's odd that Jack is getting slated for posting a heartfelt message about Smith being sacked, with people saying it's his fault.

Yet the current players who have been playing shit and are actually culpable seem to be bulletproof

Its silly to blame Grealish for Smith's dismisal when he did more than anyone to keep him in the job in the first place. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its silly to blame Grealish for Smith's dismisal when he did more than anyone to keep him in the job in the first place. 

Especially how Smith mentioned in his statement how proud he was in playing his part in developing Jack and him attracting a British record Transfer fee

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's odd that Jack is getting slated for posting a heartfelt message about Smith being sacked, with people saying it's his fault.

Yet the current players who have been playing shit and are actually culpable seem to be bulletproof

It really isn't.  The state of this thread is embarrassing.

• Like 3

Agree but at the same time there's a difference between blaming him and stating that he had an impact

Losing Jack definitely played a part

The thing is whether or not you think Jack leaving no matter how shit is just a part of football and management or if you think grealish leaving was a personal insult to the club, deano, the owners the fans, the cleaner...

I'm the former, if we'd kept him I think we would be good enough for Smith to still have a job so I think grealish has to be careful about what he says - but then at the same time what he's said doesn't bother me in the slightest 

• Like 1

Â