The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I don't think that headline is mocking Aston Villa, £100m is just a generic go to transfer fee when you want to suggest a very large amount, I remember headlines a few seasons back suggesting that Wolves wouldn't accept £100m for Neves.  You get figures like £100m in these type of headlines as the mind gravites to a figure like that rather than something like £96m or £104m.

Rice is a very good player, for a long time he was underrated, maybe there's a possibility of people going in completey the opposite way now and over rating him, which often happens with players but perhaps more so the other way around, you get a decent player that everyone seems to rate but then it becomes the in thing to say that that player is overrated and that happens to such an extent that the player becomes underrated, I think David Beckham was an example of that.

If West Ham fail to reach the Champions League then eventually he will leave them, presuming he keeps up his very good form.

On 09/11/2021 at 19:08, deck said:

If he hadn't, all the Grealish haters would've been condemning the self-centeredness or whatever of his silence .  They're always looking for an angle to condemn what he does or doesn't do.

Agree with this. In any event, it’s just the people of Man City midfielder and boohoo man model Jack Grealish who decided it was a good idea to post this. Some of their ideas have been a bit misguided but guess it’s all working out still 🤷🏻‍♂️. I doubt he barely has to sign off on anything posted. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

£100m for a holding midfielder? For declan rice? 

That's a problem that they're never going to have 

Grealish: 100million made sense. Most marketable British player over Euros and a fine player. Man City are sports washing, no coincidence they went for the most popular English player + the squeaky clean married, model professional England captain. The image is more important than the money (which is limitless)

Declan Rice: Need to factor in age / amortisation. Man City will get 5 years of Grealish at his level for their 100million at 20million a season. Whoever buys Rice for 100million will get 10 years at 10million a season (plus he's likely to get better), Or they could get 4/5 years out of him and recoup the investment. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your sounding bitter mate. He's got the quality, don't worry about that. It's just Foden is Pep's favourite, an looks like Gareth's too.

For good reason, he's been better this season.

But also, isn't this the first time this season Jack was dropped by Southgate? Don't think that means he's dropped down the pecking order.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Your sounding bitter mate. He's got the quality, don't worry about that. It's just Foden is Pep's favourite, an looks like Gareth's too.

If Foden is his favourite then what sense is buying the fee for him? Can get another squad player for half the price

Actually still dislike this word removed, I thought it would subside over time but no...

Saw a little on Sky News about tomorrow's front pages of the newspapers and he's on one of them, cheating on his girlfriend perhaps?

I'm not surprised (if true).

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Favourite? Nothing to do with the fact that Foden has been better than Grealish this season? 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Wonder how bad he has to play till he loses his England spot. Or will he ever now? 

If he was still at villa and only had 1 goal and 1 assist this season he’d be nowhere near the squad by now

11 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Proper had their pants down with that 100 million

Judging by how far we have regressed without him, he was worth far more than £100m. He is pretty much irreplaceable to us. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

Wasn't he reported as being ill in the last few days, hence why not starting for England. 

He's on the front page of the Sun this morning - knocking off an actress behind his girlfriends back. I hope he doesn't ruin his career with his relentless pursuit of women. 

Â