The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Apologies to those in this forum that are intent on talking down Grealish; but he's doing fine at City.

It will probably take him the first full season to get used to playing under Pep and with better players at City. I imagine he will come into his own over the Christmas period and in the New Year.

I dont know. He is doing ok but not 100 million fine some of the plastics dont want him starting and he has lost his star. I do think his ego will have been damaged a bit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Apologies to those in this forum that are intent on talking down Grealish; but he's doing fine at City.

It will probably take him the first full season to get used to playing under Pep and with better players at City. I imagine he will come into his own over the Christmas period and in the New Year.

For a £100m player he is not doing fine. If we had spent a £100m on one player and the performances we got were what he is serving up, we would be in uproar!

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

For a £100m player he is not doing fine. If we had spent a £100m on one player and the performances we got were what he is serving up, we would be in uproar!

1 assist more than Buendia and played 500 minutes more 

How’s he get on the other day? Whenever I see him smash a team he seems to have no goals and no assists whilst subbed off early. 

I guess he has been signed for the big games where he can make the difference. Such as the PSG and Liverpool game 😂 

Nah only messing. Good on him. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont know. He is doing ok but not 100 million fine some of the plastics dont want him starting and he has lost his star. I do think his ego will have been damaged a bit

I said about a month ago he’ll eventually just be a back up player and got laughed at on here. I still stand by it. He’s British record signing  so will obviously get a lot of minutes but eventually fans and even Pep will lose patience. He’s not what they needed and I can understand why their fans are frustrated by the signing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The_Steve said:

SportsDirect are a deeply unethical company and Boohoo have been accused of modern slavery practices. I’d criticise it if played for Villa still. It was equally wrong for other sports stars to appear in that ad, but hey, diversity of opinion. I don’t expect morality that much in football these days. 

Our kits are made in sweatshops with cheap labour. There’s no ethicality anywhere anymore. It’s why I don’t really get all the vitriol directed at Newcastle. I doubt there’s a single billionaire football owner with clean hands. The argument of ethics needs to stay out of football really as it’s hypocritical in every aspect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Tbh I think he’s just proving he was never a £100m player. Yes he was worth that to us, but it’s a mine-boggling figure for a player if his calibre. 

I think you've pretty much summed it up in the middle there. Is he worth that much? Not quite, but that's how much he costs because he wasn't just a player for us, he was the face of our club.

13 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think you've pretty much summed it up in the middle there. Is he worth that much? Not quite, but that's how much he costs because he wasn't just a player for us, he was the face of our club.

and had a huge push by the FA for the national team even though southgate didnt play him and is now getting a push from city

like someone else said before if he was ugly he'd still be a villa player

they havent paid £100m for goals and assists, thats never been what he's about

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and had a huge push by the FA for the national team even though southgate didnt play him and is now getting a push from city

like someone else said before if he was ugly he'd still be a villa player

they havent paid £100m for goals and assists, thats never been what he's about

Pep wanted him for his ability. The club sanctioned it for a multitude of reasons including trusting Pep. His marketability would have made the decision a lot easier.

On 04/11/2021 at 03:42, villa4europe said:

thats not new... we were guilty of that

but this time last year he wasnt behind fernandes in that stat, he was 3rd in europe behind messi and neymar

he's declining

He also had about 4 goals and 4 assists by this point.

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Tbh I think he’s just proving he was never a £100m player. Yes he was worth that to us, but it’s a mine-boggling figure for a player if his calibre. 

City had to pay a premium as he is English and was our key player, captain and basically USP as a club. They are in the land of make believe anyway. Pep wanted a shiny new toy so they bought him. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Pep wanted him for his ability. The club sanctioned it for a multitude of reasons including trusting Pep. His marketability would have made the decision a lot easier.

I don’t believe that for a second.

Citeh can afford anyone in the world they want… and players much better than Jack…

but Jack was a marketable, hot English property who they knew would entice a new generation of young fans who don’t know where Manchester is to show an interest in their rat bastard club and buy their merchandise on the back of the whole nation swooning for him at the Euros…

Plus the fact that it was Man City’s once-every-five-year obligation to take our captain as soon as he breaks into the England squad.

It was never about Jack’s ability… or the fact that needed him… Citeh just can’t get enough of stamping on us…

**** Mancs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, wilko154 said:

AdeptDelectableGarpike-size_restricted.g

• Haha 2

Pretty funny saying it takes a season or so to get used to Pep's system. Pep is likely to go at the end of next season so that is terrible timing. Jack will be a lot better once he has gone though and someone comes in who just let's the quality wide players do their thing.

I saw a graphic on Twitter earlier and at the moment when he gets on the ball he's much closer to the touch line and in a small zone and the location of his end passes are basically right next to him and again in a small zone. Compare that to Villa, much bigger zone when he collects the ball and the end zone of his passes are further forward and in a bigger zone. I wish I could find the graphic but it just shows you how limited City player's are at being able to express themselves.

9 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I saw a graphic on Twitter earlier and at the moment when he gets on the ball he's much closer to the touch line and in a small zone and the location of his end passes are basically right next to him and again in a small zone. Compare that to Villa, much bigger zone when he collects the ball and the end zone of his passes are further forward and in a bigger zone. I wish I could find the graphic but it just shows you how limited City player's are at being able to express themselves.

Despite this he’s by far and away top of the charts this season for chances created that didn’t lead to a goal or an assist by someone who mouthed “oh my god” in a visibly Brummie accent.

Â