The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

If the 100m bid is matching the release clause, it would be reported as such. Particularly by someone like Percy who already reported about a release clause. 

A gentleman’s agreement is the same as a release clause if you are a gentleman (and have integrity). It just means the club means nothing to Jack. He could have at it all here and more, the opportunity so few have the privilege to do. TBH if he played another blinder, had a great World Cup, he could have picked a 5 year deal next summer for £400K p.w.

Really bored of reading Release Clause.

Why doesn't someone just pay the ransom, or else there'll be no presents this Christmas.

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If there really is a release clause then I proves that Jack isn't as loyal as is made out. I'm beginning to think the only reason he penned that deal last September is because Man U wouldn't stump up the cash.

Man City are getting a bargain.

I'm going to go on a huge rant attacking the whole football industry once this goes through. I'm feeling disgusted! All these foolish big name footballers of the past saying ambition is more important that loyalty are idiots!

Agree with all of this but I hope fans row in behind the club. If he goes it’s not Villa’s choice, Jack Grealish will be doing the damage to us, for his own interests.

How NSWE react to that will define our future prospects, hopefully their wallets will do the talking. 

• Like 1

It will be great when this is decided one way or another. The new season is almost upon us and we need to know as a club and fans 100% in regards to what we will be working with.

All this speculation, guessing, etc is doing my head in.

I decided awhile now that whatever happens happens.

We as fans cannot change anybody's decisions(Whatever that decision may be) and just have to go with the flow.

At the end of the day it is all about supporting Villa and not the life and career of one individual.

Edited by Big Salad

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

Ah yeah, but £100m would make Jack the most expensive British player ever. Twenty million more than Pogba. Six times more than Douglas Luiz. It is a big money, serious transfer bid no matter what way you look at it.

£100m is serious money yes! Relative to pretty much everyone apart from Bezos.

Pogba was some years ago, fees have increased. And they increase exponentially with quality not linearly, so it’s not like saying Jack is more than 6 times better than Dougie.

For one of the best players in the World in the prime of his career and easily the most marketable after the aging top 2, plus considering what he’s worth specifically to Aston Villa, £100m for Grealish is miserly.

If I was JG and I was reading this thread, I'd want to leave, based on reading some of the overreactions on here! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Anyone booing him at any point in the future needs their head checking. 

I won't boo him. But I won't see him as one of us anymore. He'll just be another player that did alright for us for a bit.

• Like 1

The clause probably activates on Sunday and that's when we'll accept.

Everyone gets to say they never lied. There wasn't a clause at the time Purslow and Dean said there wasn't. There was when it was accepted. We didn't accept a low offer the clause made us do it.

Nevermind. 

It won’t be a waste if we spend it very well. The worry is we lose another year and finish 13th, then are not in a position to attract 3 x £60m players plus their commensurate wages. It’s not easy at all and this makes it harder.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

If I was JG and I was reading this thread, I'd want to leave, based on reading some of the overreactions on here! 

Do you not understand why some would be upset if he left?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeps said:

How do Sky post an article saying we have accepted the bid, then say we declined to comment? 

They didn’t say we accepted, they say they assume it will be accepted. 

If you were not an Aston Villa fan you’d also assume £100m would be accepted for one of our players. 

We will have to wait and see if it is acceptable to NSWE though. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

The bigger challenge if he goes will be who to sign? With our current budget plus an extra £100m on top, we could be looking at another 3 or 4 top quality players to join Buendia. We may become a better, more rounded team, that isn't reliant on one player so much. It may work out better? Just trying to find positives!

I totally believe this....of course I want him to stay. But genuinely believe we can become a team from it if we can and we will invest well on the back of it. We massively relied on him last year, almost too much at times. We can’t replace him.... but we can get a couple of quality players that will and like you say become a more rounded squad. 

And he hold on to the ball too much anyway. 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I won't boo him. But I won't see him as one of us anymore. He'll just be another player that did alright for us for a bit.

Same here, he will just be another player who stands in the way of us having some success.

• Like 1

There really is no point in supporting any other team other than one of the Big, even Arsenal and Spurs would be a waste of time, every time I team pops there head up. The team gets torn apart, Emis and Watkins next year. 

I’m hungover and have a family bbq today so not in the best of moods. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

What are the 5 stages of acceptance?

The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. But they are not stops on some linear timeline in grief.

I'm just at the depression stage, some are a bit behind. 

Â