The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We can't really blame Grealish if he goes. All this was signed last season by his agents and probably the plan to allow us 1 last season. We probably had our hand forced to put a release clause in the contract (if he has one) to keep him for season 2020-21, which then guarantees his departure in year 2 of the contract and the club get the big money they wanted. Sounded a good deal last season, unfortunately it's looking although he is worth more now, but our hands are tied.

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this is not true. arsenal THOUGHT there was a clause so the bid it to test whether there was or not. The PFA confirmed no clause existed.

Luis Suarez is the top scorer in the English Premier League, which is arguably the top soccer league in the world,” Henry said. “He had a buyout clause of £40m. Arsenal, one of our prime rivals, offered £40m plus £1. What we’ve found … is that contracts don’t seem to mean a lot in England – actually, in world football

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

I agree. There must be a £100m release clause. If there wasn’t, and NSWE wanted to keep Jack the could, even if he wanted to go. I think the club would also state if there wasn’t but they didn’t. Shows Jack doesn’t have the club at heart, it all about personal priorities for him, the second something better came up we went ignoring the Project and promises.

I don't think the club have said anything yet. I don't think they will until they have spoken to Grealish

• Like 1

He isn't stupid for wanting to leave. Quite the opposite, it's a good move for him personally. 

He's stupid for saying all that nonsense last summer. But as much as we loved him, he's not the brightest spark so it can't be a surprise. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Deal will be completed next week by the looks of it.

As I said before Grealish is a footballer first and a Villa fan second.

He needs to be playing Champions League football and being coached by the best.

It will be hard to see him go but I won’t begrudge him.

We will know on Monday.

If he doesn't return to Bodymoor on Monday he is gone.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Absolutely cannot disagree with that line.

It staggers me. Absolutely staggers me that we aren't linked with any midfielders.

I can only imagine it means that Smith is happy with his current midfield which greatly worries me.

If we go into the season with McGinn and Ramsey as starters we've got absolutely no chance getting European football in my opinion.

always finds a way to turn it back onto smith....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Disagree. He is as mercenary or duplicitous as any, all have improved themselves at the detriment of the club. However the club promised him everything: Captaincy, biggest salary ever sanctioned, building the team around him etc, he had every reason to stay if he was a true fan and had integrity. The timing is also self and as bad as it could almost be. If others deserved booing, he deserves as much if not more.

image.jpeg.4adbc81a74917b12cde9c103c622182c.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We can't really blame Grealish if he goes. All this was signed last season by his agents and probably the plan to allow us 1 last season. We probably had our hand forced to put a release clause in the contract (if he has one) to keep him for season 2020-21, which then guarantees his departure in year 2 of the contract and the club get the big money they wanted. Sounded a good deal last season, unfortunately it's looking although he is worth more now, but our hands are tied.

Absolutely. But it’s the Delph bullsh*t that goes with it that makes it so false.

• Like 1

If the 100m bid is matching the release clause, it would be reported as such. Particularly by someone like Percy who has already reported about a release clause, when Jack signed his contract last year. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Deal will be completed next week by the looks of it.

As I said before Grealish is a footballer first and a Villa fan second.

He needs to be playing Champions League football and being coached by the best.

It will be hard to see him go but I won’t begrudge him.

He could do that here. We have world class facilities, top coaches, and massive potential he could be the guy that got us promoted, then kept us up, then consolidated, then got us into Europe, then won us a trophy. 

Instead he will be the guy that done well for us, got us back where we belong, but only hung around until a some club bigger came along. 

If he is a Villa fan, his dreams are all in a Villa shirt! It's not a lack of ambition that would be keeping him here, it's love, and real ambition!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I don't think the club have said anything yet. I don't think they will until they have spoken to Grealish

Looks like a strategy. Make him turn up at BMH, then whack him with the persuasion. Everything at the moment looks engineered to avoid this meeting. 

6 minutes ago, Folski said:

Luis Suarez is the top scorer in the English Premier League, which is arguably the top soccer league in the world,” Henry said. “He had a buyout clause of £40m. Arsenal, one of our prime rivals, offered £40m plus £1. What we’ve found … is that contracts don’t seem to mean a lot in England – actually, in world football

https://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2011-2012/suarez-40m1-clause-does-not-force-liverpool-to-sell-says-pfa-chief_sto3874020/story.shtml

However Taylor – who has read the contract - said the clause does not bind the Anfield club to a transfer.
"If you are going to have a supposed buy-out clause it should be that, but it is different as it says if there is no qualification for the Champions League and if there is a minimum offer of £40 million then the parties will get around the table to discuss things - but it does not say the club has to sell,” he told the Press Association.
"It quite clearly states £40m is a minimum offer for discussions, but it becomes really difficult with such clauses.
"There is a 'good faith' clause in relation to serious discussions but I can't say it is cast-iron buy-out clause.

10 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Anyone booing him at any point in the future needs their head checking. 

He has proven he doesn't care one jot about the club if he leaves now right before the season starts.

If he gets booed for leaving us in the lurch like this it's because he will have deserved it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Â