The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I won't boo him. But I won't see him as one of us anymore. He'll just be another player that did alright for us for a bit.

This. We aren’t SHA and he ain’t Bellingham. He won’t be a Villa player anymore. I’ll wish him well but he will have missed out on perhaps being a true club legend and icon with actual hero status. If he goes then to me he will just be a great player who used to play for us. I don’t begrudge him his move but if he’s gone then I won’t be clapping or cheering his return. He will be the opposition. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yes. I'd understand upset... disappointed... let down. We get over it. 

I don't understand booing him, calling him names and wishing him injured. It's mental. 

You cant bring off topic logic and reason into this place 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

There are clubs with better facilities in the league than us. Ask Tyrone Mings..

All this talk about dreams ect sounds romantic but In the real world he is in the peak of his career and there are probably players in that England squad that he is better than playing European football..

If we are being realistic Champions league football is not coming here any time soon.

Not if we lose Jack. A world class player such as Jack is a game changer. Our training facilities have been upgraded significantly to be up there with the top clubs. 

I'm a bit annoyed at Mings saying Wolves are a similar club. They aren't. The only similarly is league position, and geographical location.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

What do you think he is worth to us? And how do you replace him with £100m? Who with? 

He's an elite footballer not many better than him in world football atm.

I'd rather have Watkins, Martinez, Cash, Traore, Sanson than Grealish. They collectively cost less than £100mil.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Transfer value is relative to the selling club. It’s not a hard topic to grasp. 

Where have I not grasped it.? I was responding to someone telling me to give my head a wobble.

Just now, Ingram85 said:

This. We aren’t SHA and he ain’t Bellingham. He won’t be a Villa player anymore. I’ll wish him well but he will have missed out on perhaps being a true club legend and icon with actual hero status. If he goes then to me he will just be a great player who used to play for us to me. I don’t begrudge him his move but if he’s gone then I won’t be clapping or cheering his return. He will be the opposition. 

100%

SHA all along have said things like "villa will be the same when jack leaves them"

we won't...not a chance

he could score the goal that knocks us out of a cup...stops us qualifying for europe...relegates us! and he'd have no problem whatsoever doing so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

There really is no point in supporting any other team other than one of the Big, even Arsenal and Spurs would be a waste of time, every time I team pops there head up. The team gets torn apart, Emis and Watkins next year. 

I’m hungover and have a family bbq today so not in the best of moods. 

Get back on the sauce mate 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

This. We aren’t SHA and he ain’t Bellingham. He won’t be a Villa player anymore. I’ll wish him well but he will have missed out on perhaps being a true club legend and icon with actual hero status. If he goes then to me he will just be a great player who used to play for us to me. I don’t begrudge him his move but if he’s gone then I won’t be clapping or cheering his return. He will be the opposition. 

I'll begrudge his move.  All the talk 10 months ago and getting a 5 year deal, being a Villa fan...his club, his city and all that.  If he leaves then it makes a mockery of all that hence why I dont think he will leave because I believe he was saying what he feels and we have old clips of loads of things like that. I understand football is different today but some things arent and for Jack to feel like that for 25 years and then turn him back so dramatically would be terrible.  His status by half the Villa fans including myself, would be that he's not one of us.  If Jack was in the same position as us I bet he would be saying the same.  He's in his position though but he will still have those thoughts and I dont think he'll leave because he knows what it means.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

There are clubs with better facilities in the league than us. Ask Tyrone Mings..

All this talk about dreams ect sounds romantic but In the real world he is in the peak of his career and there are probably players in that England squad that he is better than playing European football..

If we are being realistic Champions league football is not coming here any time soon.

Tell that to Edens ans Sawiris 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Where have I not grasped it.? I was responding to someone telling me to give my head a wobble.

Sorry mate I didn’t mean you - I was trying to back up your point 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

From Sky

Although they are now ready to accept City's bid, Villa did offer Grealish a new and improved contract earlier this summer, despite him only signing a five-year deal last September.

Neither Villa nor City have commented on the potential transfer.

So City are ready to accept our bid, although Villa or City have not commented on the transfer. So who has said they are ready to accept the bid????

They know nothing. 

• Like 1

Unless your top of the tree you lose your best players that how football is now. IF he moves on which I think he will in the end we move on and support the next breakthrough player encourage them to make themselves a grealish

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

I'd rather have Watkins, Martinez, Cash, Traore, Sanson than Grealish. They collectively cost less than £100mil.

I'd rather have them and Grealish. Put yourself in the opposition shoes? Villa with Grealish have a fear factor without him we're just another 3 points.

He's the leader of the pack. That's what we're losing. £100m won't replace that. Even Barcelona without Messi (even though teams can smash them now) are not a feared team,  which is the same with us. Without Jack we won't have that fear factor. Then there's the commercial aspect. Jack can bring the money in the FFP breaking deals. 

With Jack this season I'm confident we'll finish top 7 at a minimum. With a little bit of good fortune I think that can be a place or two higher.

23 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

Steve Staunton?

The most recent example is Young… he left, we booed him, he’s back, we’ll support him. If you play for Villa, you are one of us. 

I was quite young when Staunton played for us, so didn’t notice any toxicity towards him, if there was any? 

Edited by Tayls

Twitter is full of people hating on Jack already and using the snake 🐍 emoji for him… someone said he’s worse than Delph… 

I hope they take it all back if we reject the bud and Jack stays.

So far the club have said nothing and mor had Jack. The media can’t sell him to Man City, they are trying their best and have been for ages, but they can’t.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phily85 said:

You cant bring off topic logic and reason into this place 

if you brought off topic logic into football, then football wouldnt be football would it.  Football is as big as it is because the feelings around it.  I mean going to the ground season after season and being beaten in the last decade or so, you wouldnt do that in any other walk of life, you'd just walk away whether a job, a girlfriend and especially programs, you wouldnt stand for that.  But football we follow never mind how bad it gets and we keep paying fortunes and being hopeful.  This is simple to understand why on topic is different to off topic

Â