The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

If it’s “done” pending a medical then the clubs should just announce it’s “done pending a medical”. I will lose respect for our club here if we make our fans suffer through another few days of silent speculation about Jack only to sell him after a medical.  This is different to most transfers and they need to respect that. Grealish is representative of the fan base and this transfer will hurt like no other in history.

are they trying to sell all his shirts first

4 minutes ago, phily85 said:

Unless your top of the tree you lose your best players that how football is now. IF he moves on which I think he will in the end we move on and support the next breakthrough player encourage them to make themselves a grealish

Louie Barry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

if you brought off topic logic into football, then football wouldnt be football would it.  Football is as big as it is because the feelings around it.  I mean going to the ground season after season and being beaten in the last decade or so, you wouldnt do that in any other walk of life, you'd just walk away whether a job, a girlfriend and especially programs, you wouldnt stand for that.  But football we follow never mind how bad it gets and we keep paying fortunes and being hopeful.  This is simple to understand why on topic is different to off topic

I disagree you can love club be passionate have strong feelings without wishing Ill on players that leave.

We support the team not one player the team lives on everyone else is just opposition. We hope we beat them nothing more

10 minutes ago, bose said:

The Romano tweets are rather positive IMO. We clearly haven’t given up hope and the new contract is on the table.

I agree, the only thing that has changed in the last month as far as we know is that City actually put in a bid earlier this week.  Yes a big step but nothing we didnt expect and doesnt change that we are hopeful of Jack signing a new contract.

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

For one of the best players in the World in the prime of his career and easily the most marketable after the aging top 2, plus considering what he’s worth specifically to Aston Villa, £100m for Grealish is miserly.

For me, words have lost all their meaning then. Miserly is not being able to afford Erik Baake on loan. Miserly is the poor players a few year back in Aberdeen having to buy their own toast after training. British transfer record isn’t miserly imho, in fact I’d say it’s more than reasonable.

9 hours ago, supermon said:

In my opinion I think he'll be leaving. His favourite player is KDB so if he gets a chance to play with him then I think he'll take it. If his chance to win gold, play Champions League. His such rose exponentially during the Euros. He has a rare opportunity now to become one of the world's greatest athlete in a Beckham-esque mould both on and off the pitch. Sally that realty won't happen with Villa but due have a chance with man city. 

If he goes the we need some quick statement signing of our own and just pay big bucks and big money and we'll need to sell the vision.

This may make Deano's job a lot.more uncomfortable now as he has always struggled without Grealish and to get us back to dizzy heights we may need a higher calibre manager to attract higher calibre players

im afraid smith time could be up

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The most recent example is Young… he left, we boo’d him, he’s back, we’ll support him. If you play for Villa, you are one of us. 

I was quite young when Staunton played for us, so didn’t notice any toxicity towards him, if there was any? 

I don't think we booed him, until THAT dive. We all wished him well when he left. He gives us nearly 4 seasons as our best player, and treated the club and fans well when he left. 

The difference between him and Jack, he never claimed.to be Villa through and through. And we can't blame him for wanting to leave at the time as it was clear we were a club in decline. Now we are on the up! Top 6 is realistic with a couple more in and Jack staying.

If he leaves he'll most likely destroy the hero status he has in the city of Birmingham (and the surrounding areas) amongst a massive Villa fanbase, obviously being the main man around here is a big thing for him and to lose that might hurt him as he'll be treated with derision upon his return or even retirement. Will he care? Only time will tell.

50 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If the bid is acceptable as in the money we want and we know more about his injury then I say we would have accepted.  If despite this the offer is pants we reject it.   No need to talk to player.

I don't think it's that simple if I'm honest 

The bid will go in to purslow as in his role its ultimately his deicision but hell and no doubt have meetings with NSWE, smith and the team, Jack himself, smith will sit Jack down and discuss it, hopefully tell him it's being rejected and why, what the plans are, who else they're trying to bring in all that kind of stuff

Basically I don't think a fax lands in purslows office and 10 minutes later another goes out saying no, this sounds too big to be that simple 

Just now, phily85 said:

I disagree you can love club be passionate have strong feelings without wishing Ill on players that leave.

We support the team not one player the team lives on everyone else is just opposition. We hope we beat them nothing more

We support the team of course but anybody that leaves on a bad note will certainly be wished ill.  This is football, if you dont think that will happen then you watch a different game to me and go to different grounds to me.  When players leave in a manner like this would be then he will be booed and name called, that's just reality.  He will not be one of us!

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Twitter is full of people hating on Jack already and using the snake 🐍 emoji for him… someone said he’s worse than Delph… 

I hope they take it all back if we reject the bud and Jack stays.

So far the club have said nothing and mor had Jack. The media can’t sell him to Man City, they are trying their best and have been for ages, but they can’t.

It’s just so obvious what is happening though… they don’t need to say anything. 

Interestingly, just chatting to my pal on this, who said a release clause is the minimum the player has to be offered. Generally the buying team will activate the release clause, then to sign it'll be plus whatever the club think he has gained during the years the contract was signed. He could have signed that clause 4 years ago, so obviously the player would be worth more than the clause in the contract.  So typically Villa could easily ask for £130m due to him playing at the Euro's and his increased commercial revenue.

I personally I don't think it's gonna be as straight forward for city as the media are making out.. Release clause or not, they ain't getting him for 100m, I don't care what the media are putting out, it's all bull. they obviously know nothing.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And the rest.

£150m/£160m atleast!

This is a player who is now in his prime years and an England international.

Never played in the CL or the highest level... He won't reach neymar / mbappe money 

Overtaking coutinho would be mad enough for me 

• Like 1

Â