The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, Liono said:

all the "he's going nowhere" "no chance he'll leave" etc has all gone quiet....

You happy about that?

FWIW, I think it's far from done and dusted, especially if he returns to BH tomorrow as scheduled.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

No way will the holte end ever boo Jack with the memories he's given us. I certainly won't 

Think you're wrong there.

As always there will be a mixture.

Some won't but some will use it as their way to get their anger/frustration out of him leaving us.

Again, he might stay!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

How do Sky post an article saying we have accepted the bid, then say we declined to comment? 

Because like most people, you didn’t read the speculative part.

“Villa are expecting to accept” 

doesn’t say we will, doesn’t say we have. Just expecting… like I’m expecting mrs onVilla  to have a “headache” tonight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There were so many claims on here that he was 100% not going anywhere and some people were certain he wasn't leaving after some suggested he may consider leaving in the summer (this was said during the last campaign when we played very flat). I remember getting shot down for even suggesting he may consider his options in the summer.

Just goes to show that anything can happen in football, those super 6 clubs were that close to joining that league so nothing is surprising.

2 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

This has reminded me why I stopped betting. 

Yeah, shouldn't bet on anything like this where emotion is involved. If you look at the scenario objectively, I'm not sure you'd view Jack staying as a good bet right now. 

9 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

No way will the holte end ever boo Jack with the memories he's given us. I certainly won't 

They absolutely will. There are some out there that have an unhealthy obsession with Jack.

Did you not see the bile aimed at Southgate during the Euro’s because Jack wasn’t being started? 

21 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Whatever happens as a club we can't base our ambition around one player. Of course things are much more promising with Jack in our side but as a club what is more important is that we develop at identity, and that identity can't be built upon a single player.

Several other side's such as Leicester, Leeds, and West Ham don't have Jack. Does that curtail their hopes and ambition, no it doesn't. They have an identity, a plan and we need to have the same. It was very apparent last season we struggle without Jack. The players didn't know what to do without their conductor. We need to be better than that, even if Jack stays we can't be so reliant on him. 

If we does leave the crucial thing is how we invest the money, it's really difficult. We may get it badly wrong but other clubs have succeeded in the past and it has helped them grow further as a side. None of those players were as important as Jack is to us but we can do it too.

The promising thing is we do have a philosophy being built from the youth system up, this may slow our progress slightly this season but hopefully as a club in a few years time we will have built a solid foundation and identity.

If Jack leaves hopefully he comes to rue the decision on a few years time. Hopefully we still progress and win some trophies, and even if Jack was to win premier League titles with City he'd be thinking I wish that was me, I was I was the captain leading my boyhood club to glory. 

Or we could just continue to be another team that competes but ultimately never wins anything.

Whatever happens I have full faith in our owners and our management team.

Just to take issue with the first point, we don’t base our ambition on one player, but he is the lynchpin for this phase of development.

32 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

7/2 now if you feel brave, I’ve just topped up with another ton 

Have we learnt nothing from the McLeish saga?

Just now, jim said:

They absolutely will. There are some out there that have an unhealthy obsession with Jack.

Did you not see the bile aimed at Southgate during the Euro’s because Jack wasn’t being started? 

I have an unhealthy obsession with Jack but wont be booing him

• Like 1

Why the f*** are we going to accept this offer: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12368063/jack-grealish-manchester-citys-100m-transfer-bid-for-england-midfielder-expected-to-be-accepted-by-aston-villa

This has all been one balls up, I then read that we bid £25m for JWP yesterday which was clearly not going to be accepted.

Now whether they are going to accept this offer because Grealish has expressed a desire to go, or because there is a release clause, I've absolutely no idea, but what an incredible let down. I hope they have prepared for the backlash because there will absolutely be one.

From what it looks like, we are going to sell him and have no other players in as replacement other than Buendia who we signed 2 months ago. What an absolute sh*t show by the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

I have an unhealthy obsession with Jack but wont be booing him

Good for you.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Because like most people, you didn’t read the speculative part.

“Villa are expecting to accept” 

doesn’t say we will, doesn’t say we have. Just expecting… like I’m expecting mrs onVilla  to have a “headache” tonight 

Also don’t bids have to be lodged by the Premier League? Bet sky has snouts in there. Someone on here will know if this is the case.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Why the f*** are we going to accept this offer: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/12368063/jack-grealish-manchester-citys-100m-transfer-bid-for-england-midfielder-expected-to-be-accepted-by-aston-villa

This has all been one balls up, I then read that we bid £25m for JWP yesterday which was clearly not going to be accepted.

Now whether they are going to accept this offer because Grealish has expressed a desire to go, or because there is a release clause, I've absolutely no idea, but what an incredible let down. I hope they have prepared for the backlash because there will absolutely be one.

From what it looks like, we are going to sell him and have no other players in as replacement other than Buendia who we signed 2 months ago. What an absolute sh*t show by the club. 

Hard to believe you can get that angry over an article that bad 

Â