The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

American sports are designed to allow teams the chance to keep their best players. They can offer what's called a super max contract, which is more money than any other team can offer. 

In basketball, one man can turn a nothing team into title contenders, so it's easier to convince someone like Giannis that he can get success there. 

The comparisons to Giannis and his contract are pointless. Completely different scenarios and situations. 

Thanks! Although that really didn’t make me feel better about our situation.

1 minute ago, Folski said:

The rules are geared so that the team you are at can offer you the most money. At the end of the day what’s the difference between $230m over 5 years and $180m over 4. Middleton just blossomed in to a very good player with them. They signed Bledsoe to a horrible contract and we’re able to get out of it and get Holiday by overpaying. Lopez was picked up on the cheap and got good money to stay.

If I knew how to post a confused gif, or just a gif in general, I bloody would right now. 

• Haha 1

Am I the only one that believes 100m for Jack isn't enough. To me he is a world class player of the rarest kind. Up there in the top 10 players in the world today.

He should be going for AT LEAST 150m. He is absolutely irreplaceable, any team in the world would miss him if he left.

The idea we can replace him with Cantwell and Bailey is ridiculous! I really like Buendia, but from preseason so far he isn't at Jack's level. Sure we may improve on last seasons league position. But with Jack and another couple of good signings top 6 is a realistic aim, without him, no chance!

I'm really disappointed with the negotiators at the club as they're basically accepting the first bid! Can't they at least play hardball for a bit? 

• Like 2

Just now, Philosopher said:

Am I the only one that believes 100m for Jack isn't enough. To me he is a world class player of the rarest kind. Up there in the top 10 players in the world today.

He should be going for AT LEAST 150m. He is absolutely irreplaceable, any team in the world would miss him if he left.

The idea we can replace him with Cantwell and Bailey is ridiculous! I really like Buendia, but from preseason so far he isn't at Jack's level. Sure we may improve on last seasons league position. But with Jack and another couple of good signings top 6 is a realistic aim, without him, no chance!

I'm really disappointed with the negotiators at the club as they're basically accepting the first bid! Can't they at least play hardball for a bit? 

If there’s a clause then what can they do?

Just now, Philosopher said:

Liverpool rejected bids for Suarez even though he had a release clause. Apparently they're on shakey legal ground.

this is not true. arsenal THOUGHT there was a clause so the bid it to test whether there was or not. The PFA confirmed no clause existed.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If there is a release clause in his contract on 100M and Man City have released it there's not much we can do about it.

It's all up to Jack now.

Please turn them down Jack.

There's no mention of a release clause in the article but they may just not be reporting it. 

If there is one it's more understandable but equally I question why we put one in and if there was an insistence by player/agent why the clause wasn't higher. 

The thing that grates me the most is our own lack of transfer activity. And if we're scuttling around trying to get deals done right before the new season we've completely shot ourselves in the foot. 

If there is a £100m clause it should be all up front. No throwing in players we've never heard of who are laughably valued at £10m and no add ons either. 

• Like 1

Percy is very reliable, especially when it comes to confirming our interest in incoming players. Normally leaves his comments until the end, hence the "at the back post" stuff. Doesn't always get it right, but that could easily be down to the changeable nature of football transfers as much as anything else. For that, I believe he has good sources at the club who sanction bits of information to him, especially when it benefits the club.

With the Man City bid, his article is a little bit more speculative, given that the club hasn't commented.

I can well believe the £100m bid has gone in, but there's no mention of the release clause that he himself originally confirmed when Jack's 5 year contract was signed.

The club hasn't commented....but Jack's having a medical next week?

The club haven't commented....but it will come as a blow to NSWE's plans, - even though they have the power to simply reject the bid?

I'm not trying to pretend that nothing has happened, but it seems to me that a bid has gone in and that's it. Jack is due back tomorrow and the replacement names mentioned seem speculative at best.

I trust JP when he's given the information from the club, but with NSWE seemingly tight-lipped about everything, Percy and his editor cannot simply ignore the traffic, and potential new subscribers to the Torygraph, this story generates by sitting on the bench.

It could be all true, but as many others have said, I'll reserve judgement once I hear something from the club about the bid.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

this is where i'm at...i know purslow and the owners for many can do no wrong but i personally will be asking serious questions if we accept this (assuming no release clause)

we can get more out of them. levy is a prick but he told city to do one even though kane definitely wants to leave...we should do the same!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

If there’s a clause then what can they do?

If there really is a release clause then I proves that Jack isn't as loyal as is made out. I'm beginning to think the only reason he penned that deal last September is because Man U wouldn't stump up the cash.

Man City are getting a bargain.

I'm going to go on a huge rant attacking the whole football industry once this goes through. I'm feeling disgusted! All these foolish big name footballers of the past saying ambition is more important that loyalty are idiots!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Irrespective, I hope Jack turns up to Bodymoor tomorrow and is taken over to Villa Park. Walk him out onto the pitch and ask him to imagine the Holte End booing him.

They're at a training camp in London till Wednesday.  Presumably grealish not there...

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s all relative, fella. Otherwise we’d be describing the cost of 2 exercises bikes at BMH as life changing sums of money.

Ah yeah, but £100m would make Jack the most expensive British player ever. Twenty million more than Pogba. Six times more than Douglas Luiz. It is a big money, serious transfer bid no matter what way you look at it.

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

There's no mention of a release clause in the article but they may just not be reporting it. 

If there is one it's more understandable but equally I question why we put one in and if there was an insistence by player/agent why the clause wasn't higher. 

The thing that grates me the most is our own lack of transfer activity. And if we're scuttling around trying to get deals done right before the new season we've completely shot ourselves in the foot. 

If there is a £100m clause it should be all up front. No throwing in players we've never heard of who are laughably valued at £10m and no add ons either. 

Absolutely cannot disagree with that line.

It staggers me. Absolutely staggers me that we aren't linked with any midfielders.

I can only imagine it means that Smith is happy with his current midfield which greatly worries me.

If we go into the season with McGinn and Ramsey as starters we've got absolutely no chance getting European football in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I agree. There must be a £100m release clause. If there wasn’t, and NSWE wanted to keep Jack the could, even if he wanted to go. I think the club would also state if there wasn’t but they didn’t. Shows Jack doesn’t have the club at heart, it all about personal priorities for him, the second something better came up we went ignoring the Project and promises.

Deal will be completed next week by the looks of it.

As I said before Grealish is a footballer first and a Villa fan second.

He needs to be playing Champions League football and being coached by the best.

It will be hard to see him go but I won’t begrudge him.

Â