The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

I wonder if his aim is just to be fit for the euros now. 

Probably, but involved in that aim would be playing some games for Villa for fitness/giving a reminder to Southgate. It is amazing how he's not an autoinclusion though.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Probably, but involved in that aim would be playing some games for Villa for fitness/giving a reminder to Southgate. It is amazing how he's not an autoinclusion though.

Probably play last game of the season 

I am starting to get a bit concerned that our terrible end to the season may make Jack think it’s time to move on. It certainly won’t help. Jack is going to want a chance of winning trophies at some stage and we look a million miles away from that. Maybe the lack of money post C-19 may save us but it is a bit worrisome.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I am starting to get a bit concerned that our terrible end to the season may make Jack think it’s time to move on. It certainly won’t help. Jack is going to want a chance of winning trophies at some stage and we look a million miles away from that. Maybe the lack of money post C-19 may save us but it is a bit worrisome.

He won't be leaving. Hardly any clubs could afford him and the ones who might will probably be a bit concerned with his injury record and off the pitch adventures. He is at Villa for a long time unless we do something stupid like getting relegated.

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I mean, we got a cup final last year, so......

• Like 2

Did anyone hear Lescott after the game on BT last night.

He was talking about Jack not being around next season and how Villa need to learn to cope without him.

I think they want him at a top club more than he wants to be at one!

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I heard he could have continued to play and had treatment/surgery in the summer but would have missed the start of next season. So the decision was made to deal with the issue now in the hope he can return near the end of this season. 

That doesn't sound good.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

That doesn't sound good.

Not sure how true it is but I guess with us being safe from threat of relegation it was important to avoid making his injury worse.   

I personally think we won’t see him again this season but Smith seems hopeful he will play again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure how true it is but I guess with us being safe from threat of relegation it was important to avoid making his injury worse.   

I personally think we won’t see him again this season but Smith seems hopeful he will play again. 

Smith is like the  local taxi firm you used to call before  Uber. 'He is just around the corner'. 20 minutes later still no taxi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Did anyone hear Lescott after the game on BT last night.

He was talking about Jack not being around next season and how Villa need to learn to cope without him.

I think they want him at a top club more than he wants to be at one!

The media are desperate and cannot accept what is being built here 

The club are already making transfer plans based on him leaving in the summer, so whilst I'm sure they want him to stay and will do their best to keep him, for us to be drawing up plans based on him not being with us, they must feel that there's a possibility of him leaving.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

According to John Percy they are.

Percy is a pretty good journalist, I'll give him that, but personally whilst I'm sure they have a plan in case they need it, I'd be very surprised if the club were welcoming offers.

Edit: I've just reread the article and it doesn't actually say that. So I misremembered it. This is the actual quote...

'Villa will clearly have a contingency plan in place if Grealish is sold, with Dean Smith working closely with sporting director Johan Lange. '

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â