The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, villalad21 said:

Why did Sky report on it if there's nothing in this?

To get folks on SkyBet spunking cash, just like they do every time a club looks for a manager. TV clickbait.

I remember being in a pub years ago under JG and Sky (oddly enough Jim White) revealed exclusively that Villa had agreed a £6m fee to sign Christian Vieri.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

100M would still break the record for an English player i think.

Doesn't Maguire currently hold the record?

How do you replace Jack with 100m? Who is good enough to replace him and how much will he cost?

9 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Reliable journalists from The Athletic, The Independent, etc have been saying for months that Jack will go if City offer £100m, and that City intend to do so. People have been in massive denial for months

I’ll wait until reliable sources say that the bid has been put in before I’ll go in to a fit of crying rage

planet of the apes GIF

• Like 3

We could sell Grealish for £500m and we still wouldn't be able to replace him directly, as no one as good as him would join us. But we could improve the squad overall.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why did Sky report on it if there's nothing in this?

Because that's what they do!! You must know that? Sky and TalkShite are the biggest culprits there are. It's best just to take no notice

• Like 1

The Sun, Daily Mail and Talksport...

Nothing to see here.

Will he start on Tuesday is the only thing that comes to mind when I hear 'Grealish'

Clearly I don’t want Jack to go and I think even £100M is low but I’m honestly a bit pleased that at least people are finally realising it would take a British record transfer fee to get him instead of tossing around numbers like £60M. Anyway still hope there’s nothing in it beyond City want him and we say no… but at some point now or in 5 years he will leave (or eventually retire!) so the club just need to keep building and making us less reliant on him for when that does happen

Edit: as per Delphino above, the media are trying to sell him, not Villa. 

Hopefully NSWE will open their wallets even wider for recruitment this summer to show him why he doesn’t need to go anywhere. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

Â