The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Thought this was an interesting graphic, especially to benchmark Jack against Mount. 

78F51875-86A8-4A01-B0C9-CE27FF72766D.jpeg

Edit: Shows how good Buendia could be in our team, too.

I don't think that is right because in the 23 at the start of the season graph Buendia was lower than Grealish in both and grealish was 3rd in passing and 2nd in dribbling in Europe. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think that is right because in the 23 at the start of the season graph Buendia was lower than Grealish in both and grealish was 3rd in passing and 2nd in dribbling in Europe. 

Don't know mate, just came across it on the twatter and thought it was interesting but can't vouch for the data behind it.  

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If I had even the remotest idea what any of that meant, I am sure I would find it interesting. 

If you tip the box to the right, so it's a square resting on the pass range line, all the dots at the top are the bestest at running with the ball - Traore, Jack, Anderson...

If you tip the left, so it'd be resting on the carry ranking line all the dots at the top are the bestest at passing the ball forwards - Rhodri, Pogba , Jorginho...

If you leave it where it is, you can see all the ones in the little diamond at the top are good at both  - so kovacic and De Bruyne are the bestest at the combination of passing and running.

But the main conclusion is that a lot of the ones in green had their names removed, so they could remain anonymous!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

What was the Mings video?

Just a video of him arriving at the training camp and going through the welcome process. I think England often put them out. 

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

On all the neutral sporting websites I've seen, there are toxic comments about his diving,

They'll all be shouting for free kicks when he is upended on the edge of the box though won't they.

I think it might actually put a lot of the diver accusations to bed when they see what happens to him through the eyes of an England fan.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think your getting wound up over silly stuff. Southgate, Twitter and media?? Nothing you can alter at least and all bollox. 

Jack's in the squad now. People need to chill and let things play out.  

You've got 9 months coming up of getting wound up over all sorts of shit lol. 

Not getting wound up about it at all, just think the way it played out and how Maitland-Niles got selected first as the replacement for Rashford is very telling that Jack is there just to make up the numbers.

If people think Southgate will be playing him now just because he is finally in the England squad and doesnt matter how he got there aren't seeing the bigger picture. 

Once everyone in the England set up is fully fit I dont expect Jack to be in the next squad because he wasn't originally selected for this one (until a 3rd change was required) , I am not expecting Southgate to give him any minutes during these 2 games. (unless a few more pull out for whatever reason)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Thought this was an interesting graphic, especially to benchmark Jack against Mount. 

Nemanja Matic?😄 There's a name I didn't expect to see in that graphic.

There are outliers in every data sample I suppose.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

They'll all be shouting for free kicks when he is upended on the edge of the box though won't they.

I think it might actually put a lot of the diver accusations to bed when they see what happens to him through the eyes of an England fan.

Fingers crossed...also that (if he gets on) he doesnt get injured through the inevitable kicking he'll get from the minnows of international football looking to make a name for themselves. 

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Surprised Jack isn't higher up in the passing ratings to be honest. I'm sure he was in the previous version of this that was posted.

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Jack turning up to England training in his Villa gear is the content I like to see on a Tuesday.

You got to love the bloke, Is the heart and the soul and the essence of the football club

Edited by Follyfoot

Â