The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Glad that Southgate has swallowed his pride and selected Jack. The reaction for Jacks omission from a) the fans, b) the media and c) pundits / players has been intense and quite surprising really, so I think Southgate had made a rod for his own back making his eventual selection u-turn inevitable. To try and claim that a player like Jack was not useful to the England squad was laughable to literally everyone who is paying attention. Let’s hope he gets at least 45 mins to show his stuff. 

• Like 2

Feels like, with the reaction after not selecting him, that Southgate has called him up to avoid criticism rather than on merit. Just don't trust Southgate at all. Prick.

Prove the cock nosed clearing in the woods wrong jack!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Glad that Southgate has swallowed his pride and selected Jack. The reaction for Jacks omission from a) the fans, b) the media and c) pundits / players has been intense and quite surprising really, so I think Southgate had made a rod for his own back making his eventual selection u-turn inevitable. To try and claim that a player like Jack was not useful to the England squad was laughable to literally everyone who is paying attention. Let’s hope he gets at least 45 mins to show his stuff. 

I totally agree that Jack should be in the team, let alone the squad, but Southgate hasn't swallowed his pride, and his selection was far from inevitable. Jack wouldn't have been picked if 7/8 others hadn't been unavailable/pull out

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deeps said:

Gareth is still a tool. 

So pleased for Jack. Feel line a proud brother or something. 

I've never wanted an international call up for any player more than this. 

He so deserves it and he really wants it. There was a game earlier in the season where he played a blinder.  Southgate was there and Jack didn't know.  When the post match interviewer told him Southgate was there he said "Southgate was here?" and his eyes lit up. 

He really wants this and I'm made up for him. 

• Like 4

Just now, sidcow said:

I've never wanted an international call up for any player more than this. 

He so deserves it and he really wants it. There was a game earlier in the season where he played a blinder.  Southgate was there and Jack didn't know.  When the post match interviewer told him Southgate was there he said "Southgate was here?" and his eyes lit up. 

He really wants this and I'm made up for him. 

Yes! I thought about this the other day.

Could have also been the same game where Southgate played down Jack's performance because it was "against a 10 man Brighton" 🙄🙄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yes! I thought about this the other day.

Could have also been the same game where Southgate played down Jack's performance because it was "against a 10 man Brighton" 🙄🙄

As if none of England's opponents would ever go down to 10 men.

5 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I totally agree that Jack should be in the team, let alone the squad, but Southgate hasn't swallowed his pride, and his selection was far from inevitable. Jack wouldn't have been picked if 7/8 others hadn't been unavailable/pull out

Without the media frenzy I don’t think you see Grealish selected, even as a replacement for injured bodies. Southgate has bent over backwards to exclude him thus far so I don’t doubt he would have done the same without the surprising levels of media pressure. I agree with those who think it’s a personal dislike on some level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Deserved call up, but knowing Southgate he won’t even get off the bench or make the match day squad, as it took players to drop out to finally get called up

I can hear it now.  He didn't have enough time to train with the squad so I've had to go with players who have had more time. 

• Like 1

The interesting part will be to see how many players will be forced to turn back home when they arrive in Iceland. Mandatory test at the airport (or a 14 day quarantine) 

Sure they are tested all the time but wouldn't surprise me if some of them still test positive.

4 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'd really love to hear a recording of the phone call Jack got about this. I mean, I assume Southgate called him personally, right?

It will be more like that phoney Amazon call when they tell you that your Prime Membership is about to be renewed for £79.99.

Press 1 if you would like to play for England. 

On 30/08/2020 at 06:06, TheAuthority said:

No. Southgate doesn't like Jack because he's got swag.

I'm sure Gascoigne, Ince, McManaman, Sheringham etc. all took the piss out of Gareth during Euro '96 (Southgate's 1st England tournament.) The run up to tournament included  the infamous Dentist's chair in Thailand. Seriously, can you imagine going on a lads holiday to Bangkok with Southgate?

He's essentially the nerdy dickhead kid that everyone laughs at and doesn't even bother bullying because he's a dick. But now, oh now he's the prefect. Oh yes, he's in charge now and he's out for revenge. Anyone he even senses that sees through his ridiculous veneer of respectability is not going to be allowed into that squad.

He didn't do anything as a domestic manager to warrant the position he has. Absolutely nothing. Oh he 'managed' the England U21's and probably made them laugh at him - whoop e doo. He's a joke, he sucks and he can **** off. I am so confident that he will never win anything as England manager I promise $2000 to VT if he does. But he won't - he has the charisma and aptitude of a wet fart. **** clearing in the woods.

They are paying you too much.😃

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'd really love to hear a recording of the phone call Jack got about this. I mean, I assume Southgate called him personally, right?

Probably got Rashford to call him and say...."I'm loaning you my shirt"

Edited by TRO

Really happy for Jack and hope he runs rings around everyone in training to really show Southgate up in front of the squad - make himself un-not-pick-able. 

I was interested to hear ROb Dorsett on SSN say Jack has been told he must impress both on and off the pitch over the next three days if he is to get a chance of playing. Have the other players been told that? What is he expected to do? Hold open doors for people and make sure he says please and thank you Sir Gareth?

• Like 4

Load of Kenyan and Ghanaian United fans spitting feathers that we "ruined Jacks dream" of playing for United by not rolling over to them...

Some of them are surprisingly deluded... Apparently, we want to sell him... Thats why we put the £80m price tag on... Instead of £3.50 and a packet of Brussel Sprouts...

Morons...

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm manager of Yeovil in the championship on Football Manager at the moment (3 promotions in 3 years thank you).... Is it sad that I have 2 loan players from Porto and I am refusing to play them because (after I loaned them), I realised Southgate was manager of Porto. 

The one would be my best player, but I'm not playing him and it's pissing southgate Off. 

**** you Southgate. **** you.

You must be getting the constant messages from Southgate asking you why you aren't playing them as per the loan agreement. Tell him to mind his own f****** business!

Â