The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This will do him the world of good, whether he gets a game or not - just a massive moment in his career and provided he stays this summer I think we will see something even better from him next season.

Agreed. Doesn’t matter if he plays. Getting called up and the chance to be around the group will do him (and us) good versus him stuck at Bodymoor while all the internationals are away.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Fully deserved for Jack. Southgate will be fuming he’s had to pick him. I think Southgate originally thought he still had enough grace with the press that they wouldn’t question Jacks omission. Luckily the media for once have been on our side and lots have questioned not only the omission but why Jack is being made to jump through hoops more than other players.

Agree with others saying he probably won’t get on the match day squad. You’d just hope someone like Mount also withdraws from the squad.

SG will either play him as quick he can and will try prove he was right about Grealish and hes not what england squad needs, then he can send him to the back of the que or he just wont play Grealish at all unless he has no other choice to because of injurys.

Either way soon as Jack gets his opportunity he has to make it count because it may be his one and only match the way SG is with him.

• Like 1

Well done Jack.

Hopefully you get a run out and make a good impression.

Will be good if it makes Grealish realise what he has and what's at stake- ie he cuts out the stupid behaviour (lockdown incident) and makes wiser choices (staying with us being one of them!) 

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:
2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This smacks of Brian Little all over again. A 20 minute cameo as a sub in which he basically wins the game, and then dropped for evermore. 

I read that as "Little Britain" and couldn't understand the point you were making

Wasn't this a case of coming in to the squad to replace  Keegan? I seem to recall that KK threw a strop and feigned injury for one game.  The Villa fans always reckoned that BL's display worried KK - so he recovered damn quick. 

No idea if that's truth or fiction.

Really pleased for Jack ,now I don’t need to support Iceland and Denmark.

I didn’t realise before that Jack was part of the squad that Southgate managed when we won that U21 tornamment in Toulon in 2016.

Funny squad actually Hause and Targett were also there.The only player to really progress from that team is Pickford.

It seems Jack started the first few games and scored a couple of couple of goals but then played very little.I think something happened at this tournament between Jack and Southgate and that explains why he has been very reluctant to pick him.Considering the season he has just had it was ridiculous to not pick him.

• Thanks 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned before ,but Southgate is a total hypocrite, remember when Jack was tearing up the Championship and Southgate said he couldn't pick him as there was a massive difference compared to the Prem but he picks Kalvan Phillips who hasn't even played in the Premiership, well overdue recognition for Jack ,might even get this Scotsman to watch game. 

4 minutes ago, KillieVillain said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned before ,but Southgate is a total hypocrite, remember when Jack was tearing up the Championship and Southgate said he couldn't pick him as there was a massive difference compared to the Prem but he picks Kalvan Phillips who hasn't even played in the Premiership, well overdue recognition for Jack ,might even get this Scotsman to watch game. 

When are the games? I suppose I should pay attention to them now...

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

I think something happened at this tournament between Jack and Southgate and that explains why he has been very reluctant to pick him.Considering the season he has just had it was ridiculous to not pick him.

This is what I've said for ages. I'm sure he got a load of assists in that tournament, swear he got three in one game.

Â