The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm sure he'll get at least 30 minutes and when he does I really hope he doesn't try to remove the dribbling part of his game to keep it safe.

His ability to drive at defences and pull defenders out of position is something England has been missing for a long time. Most other players who get to this level have had it coached out of them. He's such a wildcard when taking it past players that international defenders won't know what to do about him.

Up until now he's created space for (most of the time) mediocre players who haven't exploited it enough. Playing alongside Kane, Sterling and Greenwood he'll have players who will seize those opportunities. The only way this doesn't happen is if Jack tries to play too conservative. He has to try to find a balance between not doing some of the riskier things he's sometimes done at Villa which have almost cost us a couple of times and not blunting his edge. Because his edge will carve international defences open.

13 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I tell him I'll play them more... Then not do it. He lied to us about selecting Grealish because of being in the championship. How does it taste Southgate? Slimy word removed

I added a new manager on my save as England boss and retired a day later. I wasn't happy with him already.

I had Danny Loader banging in 30+ goals 3 seasons running, playing CL football, I finished 2nd in the league won the Europa, and both domestics and he still had not received a senior call up.

Next squad he was in along with Reyna and Matty Cash.
Man is a cretin.

He could come in and dominate and Southgate could still easily decide not to call him up next time and simply justify it to the press because of the number of players who are not available this time.

Alli, Rashford, Hudson-Odoi, Henderson, Maddison, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Winks, J-Lingz :D , Barkley... 

3 minutes ago, John said:

Or (please no) he could come on as a late substitute, have a good 20 minutes, hit the cross for our late equaliser and never get another game for England.  As was sadly the case for Brian Little below (who was known to walk on water):

image.jpeg.314a227b3579dfbc7297a0f339e333ea.jpeg image.jpeg.c5a7abca58d8a5ba262b89fd5a9d4271.jpeg

Very true. I guess at least with your scenario he may well get the media on his side especially when England fail. 

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

That or he is given three minutes in a totally inappropriate position in a game and equally Southgate can say 'told you so'

Or the wally in the waistcoat can say to him, after he's had a brief run out as a late substitute, "that's you done for Ireland forever now" :(

6 minutes ago, Spyro Tek said:

Very true. I guess at least with your scenario he may well get the media on his side especially when England fail. 

I would like to think so, but it didn't work that way with Brian and Don Revie. 

I was in the middle of typing........ "comes on for the last 20 mins, players a blinder like SBL did against Wales all those years ago and never get picked again"....

Then I had to take a phone call...

and then John (above) beat me to it when I got back to VT.......

Stupid work getting in the way of important stuff like VT

Regards to all

Derek

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I was in the middle of typing........ "comes on for the last 20 mins, players a blinder like SBL did against Wales all those years ago and never get picked again"....

Regards to all

Derek

{cough} MJMooney page 1642

{cough} Follyfoot page 1643 

👍😉

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

oops.......sorry my apologies to both...............

I remember watching that England V Wales home international game with some fellow apprentices in our "digs" in Lowestoft. I said to the guys "Brian Little is finally coming on!, and they said "who?"....at the end of the game they all said "why is he not playing all the time for England?.....he is the best player in the team..."

Regards and apologies to all as I was not the first to mention SBL's first and only appearance...!

Derek

• Haha 1

On all the neutral sporting websites I've seen, there are toxic comments about his diving, his lockdown antics (some are somewhat hypocritically coming from Spurs and United fans), and even some bizarre comments about his lack of ability.

That said, all the positive comments from neutrals (and even some fans that should genuinely be anti-villa), that are saying he will deliver and wishing him well are the ones that receive the most up votes. The majority of the country is behind him.

Ignore the noisy minority of trolls Jack (and everyone else for that matter), and go make us even more proud.

1 hour ago, John said:

Or (please no) he could come on as a late substitute, have a good 20 minutes, hit the cross for our late equaliser and never get another game for England.  As was sadly the case for Brian Little below (who was known to walk on water):

image.jpeg.314a227b3579dfbc7297a0f339e333ea.jpeg image.jpeg.c5a7abca58d8a5ba262b89fd5a9d4271.jpeg

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Regards to all

Derek

No need to fret @delboy54. You were both beaten to it by @Follyfoot yesterday 😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

oops.......sorry my apologies to both...............

I remember watching that England V Wales home international game with some fellow apprentices in our "digs" in Lowestoft. I said to the guys "Brian Little is finally coming on!, and they said "who?"....at the end of the game they all said "why is he not playing all the time for England?.....he is the best player in the team..."

Regards and apologies to all as I was not the first to mention SBL's first and only appearance...!

Derek

Great minds and all that 😁

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Great news that Man Utd have gone elsewhere - good to see that the board stuck to their guns and Jack's loyalty is there. 

Van Der Beek does not rule out them going for Jack, different positions.

• Sad 1

Â