The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I totally agree that Jack should be in the team, let alone the squad, but Southgate hasn't swallowed his pride, and his selection was far from inevitable. Jack wouldn't have been picked if 7/8 others hadn't been unavailable/pull out

I am certain that if only one of Rashford or Winks had pulled out, he wouldn't have called an additional player. 

As it was 2 pulled out he really had to call someone in, and it had to be Jack, anyone else and it would be rioting in the streets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

He's not gonna play him.  Ever.

If he comes on and plays well, Southgate looks an even bigger tit.

Yep. There is zero chance of him getting on the pitch. 

Southgate won't risk it  

We know that Southgate will be looking for any excuse not to play or include Jack again. Unfortunately Jack has to impress from minute one. We know from last season Jack was a slow starter to the season, hopefully he comes firing out the blocks in the England training. 

The thought of Jack playing for England really is exciting, probably a perfect fit for Sterling and Sancho. His through balls for Adomah to get so many assists were brilliant, so just imagine how good they’ll be for 2 of the best wide forwards in world football. 

• Like 1

Jack Grealish has been the captain and carried the hopes of his home town club for 2 years, inspiring the team to promotion via a nervy playoff win and then a last day relegation survival. What other player in the squad can get close to demonstrating this level of personal pressure and responsibility?? And now Jack has to “prove himself off the pitch”? Open your **** eyes Gareth, your top boy just got sentenced to 21 months in prison for Christ sakes. Actions speak louder than the facade of just appearing to be a quiet, boring professional.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

Bit harsh, I wouldn’t call the mods here idiots.

Yeah, well, I'm a poster on the edge, with 1 day until retirement. I can't let this case haunt the rest of my days. 

• Like 3

Despite the fact that it might have aesthetic benefits, I don’t think Southgate is so stubborn so as to cut off his nose to spite his face.

If Grealish performs well during the training sessions then should be no reason to not get some playing time in, will help sharpen him up for the start of our season too hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Despite the fact that it might have aesthetic benefits, I don’t think Southgate is so stubborn so as to cut off his nose to spite his face.

If Grealish performs well during the training sessions then should be no reason to not get some playing time in, will help sharpen him up for the start of our season too hopefully.

There would be no face left to spite.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a minute on the pitch and doesn't yet selected again, then southgate can say well I have looked at him in training and isn't up to it

That or he is given three minutes in a totally inappropriate position in a game and equally Southgate can say 'told you so'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

That or he is given three minutes in a totally inappropriate position in a game and equally Southgate can say 'told you so'

best move for Jack is to try and go unnoticed and as average as possible, oh and boring, no excellent football or anything like that, don't take his mobile phone and just read books about jigsaw puzzle strategy etc 

Pleased for Jack to finally get a chance to impress the penalty missing cock nose. I hope he tears the other players apart in training but not too much, otherwise he’ll be branded a show off and told to learn some humility. 

At least I can call the boycott off and watch England’s games now. I’ll be hoping to see our Jack and Tyrone in action, and hoping waistcoat rocket polisher gets a stray ball to the face. 

I just get the feeling (hopefully wrong) that Jack will have a bad game (all 5 minutes of it) and that will be the excuse Southgate needs to get rid of him for good.

Every player can have a bad game no matter how good they are, but there will be more pressure on Grealish to perform than anyone else. Lets hope he handles it and doesn't try too hard, just play your natural game.

Edited by Spyro Tek

Â