The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, John said:

Or the wally in the waistcoat can say to him, after he's had a brief run out as a late substitute, "that's you done for Ireland forever now" :(

I'd say some one in the FA got on to Southgate and said "get Grealish in the squad and cap him because if he somehow changes back to Ireland and lords it there, we're going to look like a right bunch of tits"

• Like 1

I thought Naitland-Miles(sp?) and Connor Coady got called up a few days ago to replace Maguire and Rashford?

So why is everyone saying he got called up because Rashford pulled out?

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I thought Naitland-Miles(sp?) and Connor Coady got called up a few days ago to replace Maguire and Rashford?

So why is everyone saying he got called up because Rashford pulled out?

Winks bailed out as well - reason not clear yet. 

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This smacks of Brian Little all over again. A 20 minute cameo as a sub in which he basically wins the game, and then dropped for evermore. 

I hadn't seen the above post and Follyfoot's response from yesterday, when posting much the same today. Great minds and in my case a considerably slower mind, and all that. ;)   

• Haha 1

Thought this was an interesting graphic, especially to benchmark Jack against Mount. 

78F51875-86A8-4A01-B0C9-CE27FF72766D.jpeg

Edit: Shows how good Buendia could be in our team, too.

Edited by Awol
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Winks bailed out as well - reason not clear yet. 

That was my point, he's replacing Winks in the squad

But everyone keeps saying he's replacing Rashford who pulled out a few days ago and was replaced by the Arsenal youngster

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

But everyone keeps saying he's replacing Rashford who pulled out a few days ago and was replaced by the Arsenal youngster

This news just in, from Southgate’s brain: 

842EB88A-0693-4F8F-B8BB-DC069C5677F1.gif

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

Thought this was an interesting graphic, especially to benchmark Jack against Mount. 

If I had even the remotest idea what any of that meant, I am sure I would find it interesting. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

If I had even the remotest idea what any of that meant, I am sure I would find it interesting. 

Some are good at running, some are good at kicking, and some can do both. 

5 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I don't think it really matters who he is replacing. It's all smokescreens and mirrors anyway..

The main thing is he is in the squad and if he gets game time it will be a very proud moment for everyone Aston Villa. One of our own, in the biological sense. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I don't think it really matters who he is replacing. It's all smokescreens and mirrors anyway..

The main thing is he is in the squad and if he gets game time it will be a very proud moment for everyone Aston Villa. One of our own, in the biological sense. 

The reason why I think it matters is because its very telling, Southgate kept going on about how he sees Grealish in a position where he is blessed with quality players. He said Rashford was one of these. So when he pulled out Southgate still did everything he could by not calling Grealish up.

There was a lot of Twitter chat and confusion as to why Maitland-Niles was called up instead of Jack because Southgate had previously stated Rashford as one of Jacks direct reasons for not being included.

But now it annoys me how the media are still favouring Southgate here by stating Jack has been called up to replace Rashford

Just now, Junxs said:

The reason why I think it matters is because its very telling, Southgate kept going on about how he sees Grealish in a position where he is blessed with quality players. He said Rashford was one of these. So when he pulled out Southgate still did everything he could by not calling Grealish up.

There was a lot of Twitter chat and confusion as to why Maitland-Niles was called up instead of Jack because Southgate had previously stated Rashford as one of Jacks direct reasons for not being included.

But now it annoys me how the media are still favouring Southgate here by stating Jack has been called up to replace Rashford

I think your getting wound up over silly stuff. Southgate, Twitter and media?? Nothing you can alter at least and all bollox. 

Jack's in the squad now. People need to chill and let things play out.  

You've got 9 months coming up of getting wound up over all sorts of shit lol. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It says get the ball down the flanks and over to the big bloke at the back stick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

On all the neutral sporting websites I've seen, there are toxic comments about his diving, his lockdown antics (some are somewhat hypocritically coming from Spurs and United fans), and even some bizarre comments about his lack of ability.

That said, all the positive comments from neutrals (and even some fans that should genuinely be anti-villa), that are saying he will deliver and wishing him well are the ones that receive the most up votes. The majority of the country is behind him.

Ignore the noisy minority of trolls Jack (and everyone else for that matter), and go make us even more proud.

My reply to those is simple...

If he cant shoot, cant dribble and cant pass.... and can only dive.... Why bother double marking him and getting your players to tackle him?
If all he offers is fouls and dead-ball situations, just leave him with the ball... He will either miss the goal, pass to the wrong player or run the ball out of play/trip over himself surely?

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Truly ridiculous from Southgate.  Grealish should have replaced Rashford, and someone more defensively minded should have replaced Winks (potentially Maitland-Niles if we dont have any other defensive minders central midfielders available). By first picking AMN shows that he had either got the structure of his squad wrong in the first place (something he'd never admit to) or just proves that he is blindly ignoring Grealish and spouting pure lies in his reasons for not picking him.

Don't expect to see Jack get any game time given the above,  Southgate has bowed to pressure in selecting him,  will need more pressure from bad performances of his preferred players to get any game time. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Awol said:

Edit: Shows how good Buendia could be in our team, too.

I'm not sure what that all means but Trezeguet looks lonely.

• Haha 3

Â