Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

If any Brits aren't watching The Repair Shop on BBC2 after Eggheads each evening then you need to give your heads a wobble.  What a brilliant programme.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2018 at 14:35, sne said:

3 eps into Jack Ryan.

It's fine but it's nothing we haven't already seen a 1000 times before.

But that is to be expected since it's Tom Clancy.

I was thinking of starting this today. 

I've heard absolutely nothing about what Jack Ryan is, but I wrote it off as soon as i saw the poster

MV5BMjIzMDcyMDcxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTg1

It just screams generic. Bland generic good guy white American, presumably lawrenforcement agent, standing in front of an explosion, but being too cool to look at it. Only this incredibly boring man can save the world. 

Even his name is boring and generic. 

Finished Jack Ryan S1.

It's not bad telly, but it's exactly what you expect it to be.

It's super American Ryan who solves everything by himself against evil brown Muslim people.

But as to not make them too comic book evil they add a bit of family values.

It's well done and the acting is fine but I just can't shake the Krasinski The Office connection. Also he looks a bit goofy and too much like

Relaterad bildBildresultat för jack ryan

They've basically just edited out the butterfly and added the explosion.

Edited by sne

On 31/08/2018 at 16:42, BOF said:

If any Brits aren't watching The Repair Shop on BBC2 after Eggheads each evening then you need to give your heads a wobble.  What a brilliant programme.

It's alright but another programme where everyone bursts into tears whenever I have it on, which instantly puts me off.

On 28/08/2018 at 19:24, Stevo985 said:

3 episodes in and it's yet to grab me whatsoever. Couldn't wait for episode 3 to finish to be honest.
I'll stick with it though. I quite like the format. One episode per day. And plenty of HBO shows are slow burners so I'll give it a chance.

Stick with it, I felt the same and didn’t go back to it for months. I’m glad I did though, outstanding show and I was gutted it has to end.

• Like 1

Bodyguard on BBC is great viewing, fast paced, throws you off course and if the home secretary isn't based on a much much better looking version of Theresa may then I'll be amazed! 

What does annoy me is every show like this, the one about the Russian family out earlier this year and the one with Tom whats-his-face who plays Loki that was last year's big special, is that suddenly every male lead is the next bond! 

• Like 1

finished man in the high castle

still think some if it works and is brilliant (the world building, the stuff when they go backwards and tell you what happened to Stalin etc but im not sure why they dont cover FDR) but some of it is a miss (the whole man in the high castle and film sci-fi element, pretty much all of the trade ministers 2nd season arc)

its about a 7/10, will watch season 3

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ozarks back for season 2. It was so long ago since it ended I forgot what the hell happened in season 1

Clever recap this. 

It goes without saying, don't watch if you haven't seen S1! 

• Thanks 1

Thought a few of the Ozark episodes could have done with some trimming down. Another one of those Netflix shows that seems determined to force 10 hour long episodes where they could probably wrap things up far more efficiently in 7-8 hours. Ruth & Darlene are brilliant & Jonah is great. The rest was a bit hit & miss and just felt too long.

Â