Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 27/08/2018 at 10:26, Stevo985 said:

I've started Deadwood. Expecting big things.

Couldn't get into it. 

I'm no fan of western type stuff so perhaps I never gave it a fair chance

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Couldn't get into it. 

I'm no fan of western type stuff so perhaps I never gave it a fair chance

3 episodes in and it's yet to grab me whatsoever. Couldn't wait for episode 3 to finish to be honest.
I'll stick with it though. I quite like the format. One episode per day. And plenty of HBO shows are slow burners so I'll give it a chance.

from what i can remember i struggled with the dialect, lots of thick fast sweary aggressive ye olde american talking, pretty sure i ended up with subtitles on  and still found it exhausting

and that was after i slated my parents for not being able to cope with the wire for the same reason ?‍♂️

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

from what i can remember i struggled with the dialect, lots of thick fast sweary aggressive ye olde american talking, pretty sure i ended up with subtitles on  and still found it exhausting

and that was after i slated my parents for not being able to cope with the wire for the same reason ?‍♂️

Yep, subtitles are on in our house. 

I'll claim it was for the OH (she asked me to put them on) but I must admit it did make things a lot easier to understand.

On 27/08/2018 at 19:26, Stevo985 said:

I've started Deadwood. Expecting big things.

It's awesome. And if you don't think so, we'll be feeding you to the pigs.

EDIT: It's a slow burner from memory, I watched it 10 years or so back. Incredible swearing.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 2

On 26/08/2018 at 00:27, Xela said:

Started series 4 of Ballers. 

Russell Brand is in it. Ugggghhhh.

I feel like I am watching it for the sake of watching it at the moment. Feels like the death rattle of Entourage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

It's awesome. And if you don't think so, we'll be feeding you to the pigs.

EDIT: It's a slow burner from memory, I watched it 10 years or so back. Incredible swearing.

Ha yeah noticed that already. I especially liked how the subtitles I have on don't show all the swear words. 
Except word removed. It doesn't seem to mind that! word removed all over the place 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

half way through man in the high castle season 1, i like it, very good at establishing the world its set in and making it believable, the rest of it though is nothing special so far, not 100% sure how the sci fi twist to it will work

I liked it, very much as you say it works but some aspects are not 100%

BTW season 3 is out on the 5th of October

Both S 1 of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan starring John Krasinski as the lead.

and S 2 of Ozark are out tomorrow (31/8)

Both are released full seasons so it's binge time.

• Like 2

yeah by the time MitHC season 3 comes i'll have done 1 & 2

then i'll do Ozark, then probably Tom Clancy, the sinner, orange is the new black, got to try handmaids tail again, ballers, this is us and the americans i have to pay for so will wait for them to be free, iron fist, riverdale season 2 in time for season 3 starting mid october, bring myself to watch westworld season 2, the deuce, i want to start lucifer too because i saw some of it being filmed in LA, all in time for vikings in november

its mental how much there is

Finally gotten around to watching Peaky Blinders.

Started years ago and watched 3 episodes on the train when I was visiting a friend.

Really liked it but never came around to watching it after that.

Giving it a new try now and it's still good. Almost finished S2.

Fun to see Arthur Shelby slowly morphing into Jesse Hughes from Eagles of Death Metal :D

Bildresultat för arthur shelby fightBildresultat för eagles of death metal jesse

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Finally gotten around to watching Peaky Blinders.

Started years ago and watched 3 episodes on the train when I was visiting a friend.

Really liked it but never came around to watching it after that.

Giving it a new try now and it's still good. Almost finished S2.

Fun to see Arthur Shelby slowly morphing into Jesse Hughes from Eagles of Death Metal :D

Bildresultat för arthur shelby fightBildresultat för eagles of death metal jesse

It's brilliant and gets better and better as it goes along. Fantastic show. 

• Like 1

i absolutely love it, strange sense of pride attached to it being set round here and it being so successful, i wish each season was 2-3 episodes longer, arthur is the best character IMO

i think season 3 has the highest rating but for me it dipped, story became a bit convoluted and there was a fair bit of history thrown in that i would say wouldnt be common knowledge (some russian civil war stuff that i studied at A level so was ok most of the time) season 4 was superb

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i absolutely love it, strange sense of pride attached to it being set round here and it being so successful, i wish each season was 2-3 episodes longer, arthur is the best character IMO

i think season 3 has the highest rating but for me it dipped, story became a bit convoluted and there was a fair bit of history thrown in that i would say wouldnt be common knowledge (some russian civil war stuff that i studied at A level so was ok most of the time) season 4 was superb

Arthur is fantastic and really well portrayed, but I'm glad he isn't more of a focus than he is. 'Damaged psychopath' isn't totally fresh as a character. 

Â