Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, jim said:

Pep ?

i got wound up with the world audience dumbing down of the intro and cant bring myself to watch more at the moment

"manchester city are a football club based in manchester, a city in northern england, they play football in the english premier league, a football is a spherical shaped object that is kicked for 90 minutes, a team scores a goal if they kick the football in to the net, if they kick the ball in to the net more times than the other team they get 3 points, if they do that 38 times they get some shiny metal...we know you still dont get it but here's noel gallagher to tell you he loves that more than his wife and kids..."

shame because i enjoyed the NFL seasons, this one feels like the global audience target will make it a chore

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i got wound up with the world audience dumbing down of the intro and cant bring myself to watch more at the moment

"manchester city are a football club based in manchester, a city in northern england, they play football in the english premier league, a football is a spherical shaped object that is kicked for 90 minutes, a team scores a goal if they kick the football in to the net, if they kick the ball in to the net more times than the other team they get 3 points, if they do that 38 times they get some shiny metal...we know you still dont get it but here's noel gallagher to tell you he loves that more than his wife and kids..."

shame because i enjoyed the NFL seasons, this one feels like the global audience target will make it a chore

Give it 10 minutes and you’ll be hooked. Pep is infectious! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

There are some bits that make you grateful for the fast forward function (fans and the likes of Noel G droning on) 

It's more than worth watching though for the desssing room insight and Pep. 

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

This weeks BCS...

Reveal hidden contents

71D.gif

Don’t know if it’s been the same as series 1-3 and I’ve just not noticed it but it feels like there is a lot less Jimmy stuff so far this series. Feels like it’s building up more to meeting up with BB starting and less about Jimmy becoming Saul. May be wrong though. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not sure what it actually means for the show but peaky blinders has moved to BBC 1

A Johnathan Creek/Peaky Blinders mash up?

Tommy goes off on a jolly adventure with Johnathan to solve a murder. They follow the clues, solve the crime  and all is well.

Then, in a late plot twist, Arthur is convinced JC is turning Tommy 'a bit gay' so he hunts him down and beats him to death with a rolled up Evening Mail. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Yeah I've been blasting my way through it. Just finished season 4 yesterday, realised I need to slow down for a few days before starting season 5. Sounds like I may need to track down alternative avenues to watch season 6 then.

On 21/08/2018 at 18:55, wazzap24 said:

Yep.

I've only watched a couple of episodes so far, but there's no doubt that if I was one of his players, I'd lay down down and die for him if he asked. 

What an inspiration. 

Nah he's just a cheque book manager #rollyeyes

• Haha 1

I just finished binge-watching '7 Up'. A series about a group of children from all walks of life in England, starting in 1964 at age 7, and revisiting all of them every 7 years. The last one was 56 Up, filmed in 2012. A bit slow and repetitious in parts due to recapping, but also very interesting. Looking forward to 2019 when they will all be 63, if they make it.

Apparently Netflix are coming out with another All or Nothing Man City style show. 

But this one is about Sunderland :crylaugh:

HORROR SHOW: PRODUCTION COMPANY CONFIRM THEY’RE MAKING NETFLIX SERIES ABOUT SUNDERLAND’S ABJECT 2017/18 DOUBLE RELEGATION SEASON

It’s been mooted to be in the pipeline for a while now, but production company Fulwell73 have finally confirmed that they are making a behind-the-scenes documentary centred around Sunderland’s godawful 2017/18 season.

Similar to Man City’s ‘All Or Nothing’ Amazon jaunt, the eight-part Netflix series – entitled ‘Sunderland Til I Die’ – will focus on the pain and the capitulation brought about by the Black Cats’ back-to-back relegation from the Championship down into League One.

Having been relegated from the Premier League the previous year, Sunderland responded by playing dead for a year as the club plopped into the third tier for the first time in 30 years.

The banterous 2017/18 campaign takes in Simon Grayson being sacked 15 minutes after full-time, Chris Coleman’s thankless task thereafter, owner Ellis Short attempting to sell the club for nothing, a tipsy Darron Gibson calling the club “f**king shite” while arguing with fans in a pub and Darron Gibson getting pinched for drink-driving for the second time in three years.

There’s also other entertaining miscellanea such as a Newcastle supporter winning his rival club’s half-time competition and then celebrating like Alan Shearer in front of the Stadium of Light crowd, and one Sunderland fan staging an actual dirty protest up in the terraces after a 3-1 home defeat against Reading.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/sunderland/277214/production-company-confirm-theyre-making-netflix-series-about-sunderlands-abject-2017-18-double-relegation-season.html

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sne said:

Apparently Netflix are coming out with another All or Nothing Man City style show. 

But this one is about Sunderland :crylaugh:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/sunderland/277214/production-company-confirm-theyre-making-netflix-series-about-sunderlands-abject-2017-18-double-relegation-season.html

Personally, I'm holding out for the Channel 5 documentary entitled;

'Small Heath Alliance; The road to Extinction' 

I reckon 2021/22 at the latest. 

On 21/08/2018 at 18:57, wazzap24 said:

I've limped to the end of Westworld S2.

I'm not having it. It was a load of boring old nonsense. Massive let down. 

I gave up about half way ( the Shogun one was the last one i watched)

was a pile of stinking poo and didn't even have the nudity of the first one to hold my attention

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I gave up about half way ( the Sogun one was the last one i watched)

was a pile of stinking poo and didn't even have the nudity of the first one to hold my attention

The worst thing about it was the various timelines added absolutely nothing but confusion and boredom. 

I'm fairly sure there was a decent linear narrative in there somewhere, but they just made it impossible to follow (or at least for a barely GCSE educated guy like me anyway) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I gave up about half way ( the Shogun one was the last one i watched)

I haven't ever got past S1 Ep3, and I've tried a number of times. There was no occasion watching it where I did do not fall to sleep

I'm serious btw. When I'm suffering from insomnia next, its going on

Series 1 of Westworld is up there with my absolute favourites. The second is absolute piss though. It took me weeks to get around to watching the last couple of episodes, and I wasn't too pleased I'd bothered.

The first one is brilliant. Some of the twists are a bit obvious. all of them have clues, and it's when I rewatched it I realised how hidden in plain sight some of the future plot developments were. Season 2, on the other hand, was like watching a mildly interesting show in your media player with some sort of scene shuffle switched on. IMO it was needlessly convoluted to try to disguise that not a lot of interest was really going on.

.I doubt i'll be bothering with season 3.

• Like 1

Â