Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 09/09/2018 at 22:10, Designer1 said:

Yep, as with Luke Cage s2 the first couple of episodes are already better than the entire first series.

Hmm interesting. After i finish bwtwe calm saul I'm either starting s2 of like cage or iron fist 

Anyone that seen both which would you recomend?

On 05/09/2018 at 11:59, rjw63 said:

Finally got round to Line Of Duty.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night, looks good.

On the last episode of season 3.

That "Dot" Cottan, what a slimy word removed. Why are they all so gullible to his bollocks?

Despite having had The Pacific on my DVD shelf for years I've only just got round to watching it this week. Really good, three episodes in. Not as good as Band of Brothers which is The high watermark for this but definitely well done.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Despite having had The Pacific on my DVD shelf for years I've only just got round to watching it this week. Really good, three episodes in. Not as good as Band of Brothers which is The high watermark for this but definitely well done.

It's very well filmed, but because it follows different characters rather than a single unit, it's more disjointed than BoB. It also misses out one of the guys from the book, as he was an aviator, and they didn't have the budget (or authentic aircraft) to film that story. 

theres been a rumour for years now that they are making an air force series, called masters of the air (book title) then changed to the mighty eighth 

i havent read the book so not sure what they plan on doing, the story of the mustang, flying fortresses, the 1000 plane bombings (operation millenium), whether or not they cover the RAFs indiscriminate bombing policy that the yanks didnt like, schweinfurt bombings, lots of casualties 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

theres been a rumour for years now that they are making an air force series, called masters of the air (book title) then changed to the mighty eighth 

i havent read the book so not sure what they plan on doing, the story of the mustang, flying fortresses, the 1000 plane bombings (operation millenium), whether or not they cover the RAFs indiscriminate bombing policy that the yanks didnt like, schweinfurt bombings, lots of casualties 

You can guarantee it'll be all CGI aircraft, unfortunately. 

Castle Rock kinda fizzled out towards the end, or at least I partly lost interest. (So very much in the spirit of Stephen King)

Not poor, but could have been more.

S2 in the works, talk about a whole new cast for next season.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just turned on Serial Killer With Piers Morgan on ITV.  Sadly it promises more than it delivers by the looks of things.

On 21/11/2017 at 19:44, snowychap said:

Serial killer with Piers Morgan and Extreme wives with Kate Humble.

I can't help thinking that these programmes could have gone in different, and better, directions.

;)

• Haha 1

Â