Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Ozark S2

It's not bad, but it's not great either. 

So many twists and turns, but still pretty predictable in the end.

Spoiler

All the way up the final little twist, as to no make it too predictable.

Watched the first ep of The Purge tv series.

It is exactly what you expect it to be so far.

As much as I like myself a bit of dystopian stories I'm not sure there was any demand for this one.

Finished series 2 of Jessica Jones at last.

It's not a patch on the first series. There's good stuff in there but nothing touches Tennant's turn as the Purple Man in the first. There's nothing outright bad but equally not much of it is that compelling, besides perhaps the side story of Carrie-Ann Moss as Jeri Hogarth getting meatier stuff to work with. I just really didn't get on with the main thrusts of the plot, and the whole thing with Trish seemed to be in aid of making that character absolutely hateful. And of course it has the usual Marvel Netflix bloat that makes it too long for it's own good (though not as bad as Luke Cage series 1, which was like pulling teeth very very very slowly).

Really odd series. I didn't dislike it, but it's certainly not the best thing they've done.

I've now started Luke Cage series 2, mostly because Iron Fist is in it and apparently better. The first episode was better than the main thrust of the first series so we'll see...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Finally got round to Line Of Duty.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night, looks good.

Is that the one about british undercover op's against terror? And they recruit an american who has his way with women? Kind of.

18 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Is that the one about british undercover op's against terror? And they recruit an american who has his way with women? Kind of.

No Americans as yet...it's like Internal Affairs investigating their own, so far

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No Americans as yet...it's like Internal Affairs investigating their own, so far

No, it wasn't the one. I was thinking about Strike back. But I will try to find LOD. It sounds good.

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Latest series of ballers is very good.

cant stand Russell Bland but at least they’ve typecast him as an odious dickhead! 

im not convinced by it, not so much the change to LA but the move away from football, you still have ricky and charles (have they said what happened to his wife? i cant remember) but for me it needs to move away from surfing and more towards this high school prospect, that said i can understand the racial element of the series being very current and with the ties the show enjoys with the NFL exploring that story with football would probably be a bit too close to the bone

• Like 1

Â