Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

32 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Kingdom...the Korean Zombie series? I liked it, Season 3 coming soon I believe.

Warrior I enjoyed, very much an idea developed by Bruce Lee and produced by Bruce Lee enterprises. Great sets, some good Kung Fu and season 2 will hopefully be on Sky soon.

Andrew Koji got the Bruce Lee-isms pretty good...although a 'Bong Sau' to 'roundhouse' wouldn't always work but hey it's a concept!

200.gif

Thanks for update on Warrior - will give it a go for sure. 

the kingdom I watched (on Netflix) was about a family of MMA fighters starring frank grillo. 

18 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

It was the English accents chiefly that were grating (Pedretti shouting her lines didn't help either) but the switch-off point was absolutely the introduction to the little girl.  That was some Mary Poppins-level bollocks and as I've gotten older/grumpier I've found my tolerance for that kind of nonsense has taken a nose-dive.  Maybe I'm just doomed to be a grouchy judgemental sod now!  My expectations were sky-high as well, big fan of Flanagan's work otherwise.  This possibly didn't help.

That said, I have now also seen that Garth Marenghi is in it, and this alone is enough to pull me back in.

garth merenghi's dark place | Tumblr

The little girl I'm not sure how you'd play that any other way. Even if you could find a young actor good enough to play it perfectly, wouldn't they look and sound like that? The acting doesn't feel right but then that's how young kids are. I dunno.

I'm ignoring it's existence.

It's obviously a completely different project that the writer has smeared some elements of the property over to sell producers on it.

It's needs to crash and burn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I have a rule I've set myself when starting new shows; every show gets at least 2 episodes, it has to be catastrophically bad for me to throw in the towel at that point and generally even if it's underwhelming, it'll get the whole first season to win me round.  Plenty of shows with almost completely awful first seasons over the years that have gone on to be great, so I try and stick to this edict.

Haunting of Bly Manor got 18 minutes and 12 seconds.  That is some of the worst acting I have ever seen, and I've paid actual money to watch The Room on the big screen.

In a similar fashion, I only lasted 5 minutes of The Bridge on C4.

nice concept, (strangers work together to build a bridge to £100k) but within minutes it was clear it was full of love island reject wannabes. 

deleted straight away! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Fed up.of popcorn TV so switched to Fargo.

Glad I did. Billy Bob Thornton is superb in everything I've seen him in.

Loved season 1 of Fargo. Lasted about 10 minutes of season 2 before I got bored and I've never gone back to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Loved season 1 of Fargo. Lasted about 10 minutes of season 2 before I got bored and I've never gone back to it.

Season 2 is just as good imo. Didn't think much of Season 3 but it's still good TV

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Season 2 is just as good imo. Didn't think much of Season 3 but it's still good TV

Pretty much this. Not got into S4 yet after 3 eps either, but will still watch it / browse VT anyway.

Same with FTWD, and TWD World Beyond, 'cause zombies.

Â