Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

It's the greatest heel to babyface turn of all time.

cobrakaiedit | Tumblr

Started season two, got bored.

Might go back to finish it when I've nothing else

On 13/10/2020 at 16:01, sne said:

I pretty much can't watch Swedish series (or movies for that matter) We only have about 7 working actors outside the big Hollywood ones and they are in everything. It ruins the immersion for me. Also the dialog is usually painfully poor.

Haha! Even we notice that. There seems to be a lot of pan-Scandi exchange, too - same faces crop up in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish productions. And some of them are now getting gigs in English language series (Kim Bodnia, particularly). Doesn't really bother me, as I've really got to like some of those actors. 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2020 at 18:22, blandy said:

Yeah. Just got to the end of the second series. Loved both. Partly I admit because the wide open spaces, skies and little settlements reminded me of working out in the outback. I don't know what the opposite of home-sick is, but it made me that - away-sick?

And as a bonus it had Saga Norén from "the Bridge" (which is also superb) in it, and she never said  "Saga Norén Länskrim Malmö" once, as she was an archeologist. Hope they make a third.

Yeah, good series, although I thought the main guy overdid the never-smiling Clint Eastwood shtick a bit. And Sofia Helin looked a bit rough compared to her Bridge role! 

• Like 1

Totally different type of programme, but I mentioned Grayson Perry's Big American Road Trip over in the racism thread. And while we were browsing All 4, we took a punt on Sandi Toksvig's "The Write Offs", following a bunch of illiterate adults learning to read. Actually very moving and inspirational stuff. 

• Like 1

On 20/10/2020 at 13:35, NurembergVillan said:

Just binged my way through both series of this madness -

Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

We started watching this for a laugh during a binge-lull and it caught me like a crane-kick to the face.  The most brilliant, fun kind of nonsense going.  Amanda Larusso's straight-man character is an absolute gift, I have no idea how Henggeler manages to deliver some of those lines without cracking. "Oh, they own warring karate dojos" during the impromptu-double-dinner-date had me bent double.

• Like 3

On 19/10/2020 at 20:30, PieFacE said:

Struggling through The Haunting of Bly Manor atm. Which is a shame as the first Haunting season was pretty good.

Though, this is infuriating. Every time the girl states 'Perfectly Splendid' (which is every time she opens her mouth) I feel like throwing my head through the TV.

Hehe, I was having this exact same conversation some pages back.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

We started watching this for a laugh during a binge-lull and it caught me like a crane-kick to the face.  The most brilliant, fun kind of nonsense going.  Amanda Larusso's straight-man character is an absolute gift, I have no idea how Henggeler manages to deliver some of those lines without cracking. "Oh, they own warring karate dojos" during the impromptu-double-dinner-date had me bent double.

Its so cheesy, but fantastic.  Loved it.

1 hour ago, sne said:

David Fincher confirms there will be no third season of Mindhunter :(

FFS that sucks balls, makes the whole BTK thing utterly pointless.  If West Wing can continue without Aaron Sorkin I don't see why someone else can't take over Mindhunter from Fincher but even then a different network to Netflix would have to step up and take it on as it doesn't meet their shitty algorithms.

• Like 1

I suspect this isn’t going to win any cool awards, but I’ve been catching up with “Ghosts”, it’s really quite watchable. Considering it’s BBC one, fairly clean and sort of family friendly (i.e. no swearing) I’ve caught myself laughing out loud once or twice each episode. Daft but enjoyable.

Other than a few horrible histories clips, not seen the other stuff that the group has done, but they’re a likeable bunch (the Second World War captain and the Stephen Milligan inspired MP being my favourites).

And Charlotte Ritchie should be in every show, ever.

• Like 4

On 20/10/2020 at 21:35, Designer1 said:

Best one for me.

Been a while since I watched it (or any of them for that matter) but I think that season would a perfect score from me if 

Spoiler

there had been a bit more going on in the final episode. I remember finding in every episode the tension and the stakes going up a notch and then feeling a bit flat during the finale.

Not terrible, just a hard act to live up to. 

BBC4 has slowly been strangled of cash and my regular friday watch has recently been disappointed at the number of repeats or compilations of years or themes. Then I retuned freeview and Sky Arts is now given for free and Friday nights are a joy, last night was a long form Suzi Quatro documentary. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, sne said:

David Fincher confirms there will be no third season of Mindhunter :(

I don't feel like watching any new series now as most of them get canned before the end. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Started the alienist season 2 

Not sure if it's got a bigger budget or they've found a way to try and show the city off more 

Its strangely not as gorey but twice as gut punching 

Just watched the first episode and **** me it must be one of the darkest episodes of TV I've ever seen.  

• Like 1

The Bridge.

I've always been a sucker for a certain type of reality TV show - not the Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity stuff - the kind of thing where people do tasks, that's my kind of thing. So a show where a bunch of people are dumped on an island with a task to make a bridge to get some money, all in.

It's utter, utter trash.

It's like someone read a book on how to create drama in a community, and then made a TV show where they worked through that book step by step.

Throw a bunch of strangers together in an unusual environment - check.

Ensure the strangers are very diverse in their background, abilities, views - check.

Give them a task motivated by money - check.

Ensure the task is unusual and difficult - check.

All normal stuff for this kind of thing, fine. But then...

Throw in some curveballs.

The group just elect a leader despite having only just met.

Manufacture a scenario where 2 team members are given a dilemma.

Bring in new team members - 1 of which is a big personality, the other with expertise in the task.

Make the new team members choose someone to go home.

They may as well have put the money in a chest in the middle of an arena and start up the Star Trek duel music until only 1 is standing.

• Like 1

Â