Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Nearly finished The Haunting of Bly Manor and I've really enjoyed it. Its not as good as Hill House but it is still pretty dam good imo.

Season 2 of Boys was good

The new Taskmaster started a bit slow and a bit weird with all Covid measures but I still really enjoyed it and laughed a fair bit. I am just glad it is back on!!  

After initially not being sure of Bly Manor, I now really like it. 

I thought it was OK while I was watching it. Now after finishing it and watching some bits again it's clear I missed a lot.

28 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

In honour of this page, may I recommend The One Show*

*not really, its keek

I think on balance I have watched more hours of The One Show than any other tv programme. 

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah probably the first time AVFC got a mention in this show

I do generally agree though, it's not what it used to be.

Different times now, news cycle is too fast, too many channels etc

Watched the first 30 minutes of ep 1 of (Marvels) Helstrom and I don't think I will continue with it. Wasn't terrible but wasn't interesting either.

Not read the comic so no idea how faithful it is and doesn't care either. Obviously 30 mins or even a couple eps is not enough to judge a show but I doubt this is for me. But who knows it might pick up. It's getting lukewarm reviews so far so maybe not.

Helstrom Poster

Finished City on a Hill, brilliant. Can't wait for the 2nd season.

Started Animal Kingdom on Amazon Prime. So far so good after 2 episodes. I don't know if I should be turned on or repulsed by a 60+ Ellen Barkin flashing her baps at every opportunity.

Edited by stuart_75

Struggling through The Haunting of Bly Manor atm. Which is a shame as the first Haunting season was pretty good.

Though, this is infuriating. Every time the girl states 'Perfectly Splendid' (which is every time she opens her mouth) I feel like throwing my head through the TV.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

hahahah... just noticed this post after I posted below 😂

After the first few times, me and my Mrs were ready to knock it on the head, but I’ve managed to get through it for now!!

In totally random, but connected news - she is also the voice of Peppa Pig! 

On 07/10/2020 at 21:59, mjmooney said:

Mystery Road, anyone? 

Yeah. Just got to the end of the second series. Loved both. Partly I admit because the wide open spaces, skies and little settlements reminded me of working out in the outback. I don't know what the opposite of home-sick is, but it made me that - away-sick?

And as a bonus it had Saga Norén from "the Bridge" (which is also superb) in it, and she never said  "Saga Norén Länskrim Malmö" once, as she was an archeologist. Hope they make a third.

• Like 1

George Lucas’ Willow revived for Disney Plus series

Disney is revisiting the world of Willow, the 1988 film conceived by George Lucas and directed by Ron Howard, for a new series for Disney Plus. Warwick Davis will reprise his role as Willow Ufgood, the film’s eponymous heroic adventurer, while Howard will return to executive produce. The new Willow series is a rare non-Star Wars venture for Lucasfilm. The show will take place an unspecified number of years after the original film, and will introduce “all-new characters to the enchanted realm of fairy queens and two-headed Eborsisk monsters...”

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2020/10/20/21525492/disney-plus-willow-lucasfilm-warwick-davis-ron-howard-john-m-chu

• Like 1

Â