Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The Bridge is quality from first to last episode which brings the whole lot to a great conclusion.

well worth watching it’s epic. 

35 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yep introduced my other half to The Bridge recently and finished S1. It's good. It is also surprising how compelling the show remains throughout even when... well, you'll find out.

One of the very best police crime series, I'm jealous of anyone who is catching it for the 1st time, enjoy.

• Like 2

I only watched the first season of The Bridge. And The Killing for that matter (the original). Those are two I need to revisit

(Maybe this is a theme with foreign dramas. I only watched Season 1 of Dark too until I recently caught up, and I never finished Gomorrah either even though it was **** brilliant)

I pretty much can't watch Swedish series (or movies for that matter) We only have about 7 working actors outside the big Hollywood ones and they are in everything. It ruins the immersion for me. Also the dialog is usually painfully poor.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

I pretty much can't watch Swedish series (or movies for that matter) We only have about 7 working actors outside the big Hollywood ones and they are in everything. It ruins the immersion for me. Also the dialog is usually painfully poor.

Dammit I've wanted to be a swede for over 10 years, you Scandi's are the coolest cats ever, love your stuff.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sne said:

Ps... not even like Millennium?

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah that was pretty good. Such a shame Michael Nyqvist passed away.

Great shame.

We got that series as 3 separate flims over here but I've since watched the series which is better and has many more scenes that help with the story and character development. It pretty much got me in to the whole Scandi Noir thing.

Happy to see Ms Rapace doing so well but wish she had a better agent as some of the projects she has gone for smell like Surströmming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Christ, Mawaan Rizwan on Taskmaster last night 😆

I thought it was a poor start. Didn’t feel they were invested in Taskmaster. It might pick up but Greg was carrying them all. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I thought it was a poor start. Didn’t feel they were invested in Taskmaster. It might pick up but Greg was carrying them all. 

Yeah I get that, the contestants having banter and chemistry is a big part of it and they didn't seem to have that yet, plus it feels weird with the covid measures.  Even so it's been a while since I've laughed as much at something as someone trying to pump helium into an egg.

• Haha 1

Re taskmaster It was definitely a bit weird, it also felt shorter in terms of actual tasks but who knows. 

Halfway through Succession as everyone seems to love it, and I'll keep watching it, but it's a cold watch. I mean they're all pricks. It's very hard to give a shit about any of them. At the moment still have a sense of obligation about watching it to try and understand what everyone loves. 

Edited by Rodders

28 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Halfway through Succession as everyone seems to love it, and I'll keep watching it, but it's a cold watch. I mean they're all pricks. It's very hard to give a shit about any of them. At the moment still have a sense of obligation about watching it to try and understand what everyone loves. 

I almost gave up after 3 episodes, I posted here saying pretty much what you have.

Not one likable character, and it dragged.

But it really does improve and you find yourself getting sucked in, by the end of season two I was pissed that there was no season 3 ready to go!

EDIT: after watching a documentary about The Dirty Digger I'd be very surprised if this show isn't based on Rupert Murdoch and his family.

Edited by rjw63
  • Thanks 1

I’m so glad I stuck with Lovecraft Country. 

I wasn’t sure at first and I’m still not sure what it actually is, but the last few episodes have been fecking brilliant. 

Johnathan Majors is superb in it, more than a touch of a young Denzel Washington about him. 

Cracking show 

Â