Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

A Gentleman in Moscow - read the book of this a few years back. Enjoyed it but wouldnt have thought it would be one to make a series out of tbh. May give it a go at some point

It’s a limited series, only 8 episodes 

On 25/04/2024 at 12:17, T-Dog said:

Watched the first four episodes of Baby Reindeer. It's literally the last type of show I'd ever watch but one of the lads convinced me to try it.

Jesus Christ. I've had to take a break after the 'Fringe' episode. Watching that one episode I'd forgotten about what led us there in the first place. 

Funny at times, very funny, but it don't half drag you in and then batter you with the darkness. Massive fan.

And the soundtrack is superb too, all the music all the way is very very well picked.

My wife and I binged the entire thing on Saturday. Loved it despite the heaviness of the material. Several truly great performances. And you’re 100% right re: the soundtrack 

After watching this I am gonna be nervous to ever talk to a complete stranger again 😉

Mrs M and I started Baby Reindeer last night. Didn't make to the end of the first episode. I was OK with it, but she was creeped out. 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Mrs M and I started Baby Reindeer last night. Didn't make to the end of the first episode. I was OK with it, but she was creeped out. 

I was exactly the same. Felt a bit too reminiscent of some of my past dating disasters so it gave me the fear. Doubt I’ll go back to it. 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Word of warning if you do go back to it, one of the episodes (either 4 or 5) dials it all up about 1000% in terms of raw emotions. Enough to make me feel uncomfortable but properly unsettled my wife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah it's a very, very tough watch. Worth it though.

The shine has been taken off it a little bit by reading over the last couple of days about the harassment of people assumed to be the stalker and the tv producer. the stalker basically confirmed it was her after she was revealed, and Gadd has cleared the name of an individual rumoured to be the TV producer, but the name of someone considered very likely to be the real person is doing the rounds.

Now, the stalker isn't a great person, clearly, and nor is the real TV producer, but what we have here is a woman who clearly has some serious mental health problems being harassed online, a innocent man being harassed because he looks a bit like an actor in a show, and someone else who might be guilty being harassed, but who has never actually been convicted or even arrested. 

When you look at just how little effort went in to disguising any of the real people involved, it does look like it may well have been left that way to deliberately stir it up for a bit of revenge.  There's evidence left out online in plain sight that's directly referenced in the show, so it took hours for people to figure out who these people were, and while I struggle to find *too* much sympathy for these people alleged to have done such awful things, it does seem a bit like Gadd has used the show to mobilise an internet witchhunt, whether deliberately or through naivety and negligence. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The shine has been taken off it a little bit by reading over the last couple of days about the harassment of people assumed to be the stalker and the tv producer. the stalker basically confirmed it was her after she was revealed, and Gadd has cleared the name of an individual rumoured to be the TV producer, but the name of someone considered very likely to be the real person is doing the rounds.

Now, the stalker isn't a great person, clearly, and nor is the real TV producer, but what we have here is a woman who clearly has some serious mental health problems being harassed online, a innocent man being harassed because he looks a bit like an actor in a show, and someone else who might be guilty being harassed, but who has never actually been convicted or even arrested. 

When you look at just how little effort went in to disguising any of the real people involved, it does look like it may well have been left that way to deliberately stir it up for a bit of revenge.  There's evidence left out online in plain sight that's directly referenced in the show, so it took hours for people to figure out who these people were, and while I struggle to find *too* much sympathy for these people alleged to have done such awful things, it does seem a bit like Gadd has used the show to mobilise an internet witchhunt, whether deliberately or through naivety and negligence. 

People can truly suck

Sent form my iphoen

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Did you have this post in your drafts for 7 years? 😁

My ex Partner was always on to me to give it a go, but you know how it is, the more someone tells you to watch the less you want to. 

Started it the other day, and I can understand the appeal. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Word of warning if you do go back to it, one of the episodes (either 4 or 5) dials it all up about 1000% in terms of raw emotions. Enough to make me feel uncomfortable but properly unsettled my wife.

My daughter's watched the whole thing, and she echoed the comments on here about it being a grim watch. Doubt if we'll go back to it. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter's watched the whole thing, and she echoed the comments on here about it being a grim watch. Doubt if we'll go back to it. 

I think there was enough payoff in the end for us to watch through the darkness. Can easily see why others might not feel the same or want to sit through the trip to the abyss 

40 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I think there was enough payoff in the end for us to watch through the darkness. Can easily see why others might not feel the same or want to sit through the trip to the abyss 

I agree with that. It did absolutely smack hard in a couple of places, but it also wasn't without it's delights too. And, although very dark, there's nothing that hasn't been shown in other TV and Film before. 

I will say, it's really not my genre at all, I like Come Dine With Me (yes I said it) - but it had me hooked.

3 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I will say, it's really not my genre at all, I like Come Dine With Me 

Someone on here years ago started a thread about what you’d serve if you did Come Dine With Me.

The late great Witton Lane ruined the seriousness of it by coming up with the shittest meal ever, including a starter of Heinz Big Soup garnished with cum 😂😂😂😂

Still makes me giggle even now.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The guy went back for more from his alleged abuser, he also encouraged the stalker. He then monetised the whole story. 

Spoiler

Tbh the whole thing was frustrating, he was a willing participant in the drug charged sex binges, felt sorry for his girlfriend who he put at a huge risk by his promiscuous behaviour. The guys got strange sexual preferences, big deal, problem is he's thrown at least one person under the bus writing his story.

• Like 1

Â