Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

some great strong hold up play in the 2nd half. Bullied the wolves defence. 

Really was, winning fouls to relieve pressure too

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He really does need to stop reacting so much, it’s a matter of time before he’s sent off if he doesn’t improve on it and we need him, particularly if Watkins is missing now

Oddly enough, and assuming/hoping he doesn’t get sent off, I think starting against City (if Watkins is out) might just work in his (and our) favour, just a hunch.

It's just part of  his personality like Ian Wright was like. Just need to channel it a bit better.

Frustrating at times but how can you not love him and will him to do well.

Noticeable he was right in with the congratulations and celebrations too! Seemed very much part of the team.

• Like 1

Duràn was much improved I thought playing that second-half...

For example many times he held the ball up and looked to make a pass or create chances for others where in the past he would have always gone for the shot.

He's adding maturity to his game and if he plays against City he will cause them something to think about.

Big game for big Jhon on weds. Could clearing in the woods a thunderbastard and be a hero, could get a daft red... There's deffo something about him, I'd love to see what he does in training I bet he scores some mental goals.

On 31/03/2024 at 17:34, bannedfromHandV said:

He really does need to stop reacting so much, it’s a matter of time before he’s sent off if he doesn’t improve on it and we need him, particularly if Watkins is missing now

Oddly enough, and assuming/hoping he doesn’t get sent off, I think starting against City (if Watkins is out) might just work in his (and our) favour, just a hunch.

Just a thought who would be up front of Watkins and Duran both unavailable? Diaby as a false 9 or something?

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just a thought who would be up front of Watkins and Duran both unavailable? Diaby as a false 9 or something?

Him or Zaniolo. Emery has said about both of them that they can play the striker role and give us some flexibility in that position if needed.

Duran has got an opportunity to start his legacy here against Man City, and if he saw the reaction JPA got when he was shown on the screen he'll hopefully want to take it.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Him or Zaniolo. Emery has said about both of them that they can play the striker role and give us some flexibility in that position if needed.

Duran has got an opportunity to start his legacy here against Man City, and if he saw the reaction JPA got when he was shown on the screen he'll hopefully want to take it.

I would start Zaniolo in any case with Duran on the bench. 

Might be silly but I'm actually excited to see how we approach the game without Ollie.

I expect Duran to be thoroughly fired up ( Hopefully not red card levels ).

Opportunity for a few of them to really step up and be counted!

He has unfinished business against City .. let's hope this time that scorcher goes in!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Might be silly but I'm actually excited to see how we approach the game without Ollie.

He has unfinished business against City .. let's hope this time that scorcher goes in!

Yep, era-defining hattrick incoming!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time for Duran to replicate his knee-volley thunderbastard that rattled Ederson's bar...just a few mm lower this time.

• Like 1

I think he will start but I don't feel very confident with him starting against the best team in Europe. He won't get many touches. His hold up play has to be far better than against West Ham 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It’s going to be a thunder bastard of a goal or a red card or maybe both. The footballing equivalent of a bag of revels. What’s not to like!

• Like 1

Â