Jhon Durán

PieFacE

13 hours ago, richp999 said:

He's on 5 yellows and 18 fouls in 264 mins

Our 'Worst' is probably Luiz, on 8 yellows and 40 fouls, but in 2512 minutes.

So you'd have to say Duran picks up roughly 5 times the number of yellows and fouls per minute played... very roughly.

But I suppose context is everything, maybe he comes on for the last 15 minutes and needs to chase and disrupt, which leaves him more open to the cards/fouls. 

Good post, thanks. Yeah I think it’s more his “chaos” role rather than him being an unmanageable loose cannon. And refs generally show more cards towards the end of a match. Altho of course he needs some refining, no doubt about that.

When Duran comes on as a substitute late on in matches he does like to throw in a sliding tackle or two from distance, and that worries me a little with him. It is why he picks up Yellow cards regularly, but you just need a slightly mistimed one and an eager ref may pull out a red card. When he has started matches in the European ties, he has looked more subdued in that respect so maybe he is just over trying to impress in a short time at the end of a match. I think that will come with experience and time working with the first team. Here's hoping for a thunder strike of a goal tonight from Jhon if he gets on the pitch.

All this talk of his discipline omits to note how young he is. He's only recently turned 20, he's still adapting and acclimatising to a foreign country where he's been challenged to step up and earn his stripes and we've seen (or heard about) a certain difficulty with this on his behalf.

He's young and frustrated, essentially - or has been.

Discipline will come as he learns the English game and composes himself with time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd love to hear Pep's plan with his players for dealing with Duran. 

I can almost hear him say "this guy is crazy!" 

Would imagine it would be along the lines of "try and wind him up to get him sent off" :D 

56 minutes ago, est1874 said:

All this talk of his discipline omits to note how young he is. He's only recently turned 20, he's still adapting and acclimatising to a foreign country where he's been challenged to step up and earn his stripes and we've seen (or heard about) a certain difficulty with this on his behalf.

He's young and frustrated, essentially - or has been.

Discipline will come as he learns the English game and composes himself with time.

Also - he's frustrated because he has drive, passion and is desperate to show what he can do. I'd much rather he's that way than the opposite.

• Like 1

People who say he’s like Benteke are mistaken. Both might be strong but technically Benteke is more gifted. However Duran has his own attributes, I don’t usually have confident of him keeping the ball but somehow he delivers it ok. His way of playing and running is strange, but I think he’ll be perfect for City. He’s the type of player that would make issues wether he have technique or not. More like Antonio. 
The good thing is that he’s strong while still young, other attributes he can learn (especially decision making which is already improving). 
I think he can hurt City as Mateita done with Palace. 
I just hope we put the right players, as going with an attacking side will be hard to watch. This time Tim has to start.

On 15/03/2024 at 07:45, DJBOB said:

Scenes when Duran, Rogers, and Zaniolo have to start together because of injuries.

Will look like a UFC fight out there clattering the defenders. 

The prophecy has come true. 

Stephen Wonkzilla Minus Color on X: "The Lisan al-Gaib would be honest  about his wife considering divorce. As written https://t.co/MLGAYPhNmA" / X

On 02/04/2024 at 16:14, GlobalVillan said:

Benteke? Where are people seeing all this? Ive watched every minute he has played and I haven't seen anything at all that suggest he even has the potential to be like Benteke, never mind the ability.

I fear this guy is criminally overrated by our fan base. I know that will annoy some people but that is honestly how I see it.

Far more likely to be booked than to score. He is a better option than Davis, but that's not hard. I hope to have better options next season but for now I would start Diaby or Zaniolo. 

If I'm proven wrong about him then I will 100% hold my hands up but I do not see Duran making it as PL player based on what I have seen to date.

Benteke? Really?

25 mins in and this is looking like a shocking take 😁

25 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

25 mins in and this is looking like a shocking take 😁

Lol. Yeah, if you judge players on one half of football. I don't though.

Any striker is capable of the odd goal.

Let's see how he goes over the next year or so. 

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I’m judging him on all the other good signs way before this game though. But go for it, double down! You won’t look sillier than those on here who said Grealish wouldn’t cut it in the PL ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

You seriously don’t see him “making it as a PL player”? When he’s doing stuff like this at the age of 20 away at Man City? It’s more than a half of football isn’t it, he looks dangerous, he passes the eye test.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

6th goal of the season and has only played about 650 minutes, it would be more minutes if Ollie wasnt having a smashing season

He is also still 20

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

You can see why other teams want him.

They can do one.

They can do one.

But if Chelsea put in 50m I wouldn't say no. 

• Like 1

Thought he did okay, well taken goal.

A tough assignment but he had plenty of 1v1 opportunities - some that went well and a lot that didn't.

A good learning experience for him.

Nice composed finished 

Battled well, bit of a thankless task, still looks raw and has plenty to work on but this whole nonsense about us being doomed should we be without Ollie is greatly exaggerated

Â