Jhon Durán

PieFacE

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's not really. He needs games to improve. 

Rather he didn't get injured. He will get plenty of game time with us

28 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Rather he didn't get injured. He will get plenty of game time with us

He's not though is he really and when he started against West ham, he didn't look at it. I think he needs more quality game time to improve myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Strange hes not in colombia squad especially when they are playing in London tonight 

He’s played about 1.25 games since being injured for months and months…

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Strange hes not in colombia squad especially when they are playing in London tonight 

He just hasn't played enough recently. He was in their squad in October when he was more involved with us.

I think while Global is being a little OTT he does have a point comparing him to Davis. For years Davis was fawned on here by so many when in reality he played about 5 games for us in two and a bit seasons at one point. He should've gone out on loan way sooner than he did and stagnated with the frequent injuries.

Will Duran go the same way? What's certain is he needs to be starting 20 games in one season very soon otherwise Colombia will continue leaving him out and that will greatly frustrate him with a Copa America this summer and then the World cup in two year's time.

I'm surprised so many on here are relaxed about him just continually bench warming all the time. A 20/21 year old needs to get regular games somewhere and I just don't think he'll accept the role he's had this season next year.

With Monchi's connections I can see him at somewhere like Sevilla and I think that would be a really good move for him on a year's loan.

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

For years Davis was fawned on here by so many when in reality he played about 5 games for us in two and a bit seasons at one point.

I remember A LOT of the opposite.

• Like 1

I think the Davis comparison falls down slightly when you consider Duran has already scored twice as many PL goals as him and should overtake him for goals in all competitions in the next 6 weeks or so ;)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s played about 1.25 games since being injured for months and months…

Well is he not supposed to be their next big hope.  They have about 20 subs, you would have thought they would be integrating him in the squad at least, especially when he only had to travel down the road

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Well is he not supposed to be their next big hop

Not sure tbh, haven’t really followed the Colombian media perspective on him! Have you seen them presenting him as the next big star?

Just a random thought...but shouldn't he be knocking Konsa's chip in so it's nestling in the net without any chance of it hitting the post/getting cleared?

However, his pressing and slide tackling created the second goal and Zaniolo's chance soon after... so credit for that.

The lad is a nutter but I can't help but love him, and when it starts clicking for him you can see why there's a lot of faith in what he could become. Scared Doyle stiff when he went in for the tackle and the second goal came right from it, and made a good nuisance of himself thereafter. Just can't really trust him to lead the line going into such part of the season given his temperament, so fingers crossed Watkins is alright.

Â