Pre match thread

mottaloo

18 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Haha. I am too. Not confident necessarily but I dont get the negativity.

Nor me mate. Look Spurs are in good form and obviously have some great players, but anyone reading this thread would think we’re away at a prime Barcelona. 

We can beat these . 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Haha. I am too. Not confident necessarily but I dont get the negativity.

We haven't beaten Spurs since 2008 at VP. They've stuck 5 past Everton and Newcastle recently and also won at Man. City. Kane and Son usually play very well v us and Kane in best form of season. Their 3-5-2 feels like it will cause us endless problems right from kick off if we're passive but I think keeping both full backs deep is what we need to do as Burnley and Boro both beat Spurs 1-0 by keeping their shape and discipline.

Not sure what 11 we'll put out tomorrow tbh, feels like Luiz and Buendia will come back but can't see how we play two forwards unless we just put in Ings for Ollie.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Nor me mate. Look Spurs are in good form and obviously have some great players, but anyone reading this thread would think we’re away at a prime Barcelona. 

We can beat these . 

Even when Spurs are being generally Spursy, they only have to show up at Villa Park and three points are theirs.

• Like 1

Spurs aren't that good that a game against them is a write off, they're in good form at the moment but that's all it is 'form', they're not a Man City or Liverpool that will consistently beat teams, eventually they will lose or drop points, and by the same token we aren't going to keep on losing games, for most teams other than the very best and very worst, form changes. This season they've lost ten games, that's a third of their games played.

A result tomorrow isn't out of the question.

I'm currently almost at the end of season two of "The Handmaid's Tale". 

I don't think I've ever watched anything so Morbid, depressing and miserable. 

So a couple of episodes will be a lot more jolly at 5.30pm compared to listening to villa capitulate to Spuds.