Pre match thread

mottaloo

6 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I can see a big Villa win here, people fighting for a position in the team next year

Because Mike @mjmooney thinks my 4:1 bet is disrespectful to Martinez , I have changed it to 4:0 

£1 at 100/1 COME ON 

4-1 incoming

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I can see a big Villa win here, people fighting for a position in the team next year

It's the type of game we might actually end up winning comfortably, before absolutely thrashed by Burnley twice

I bet anyone 38 finest Earth pence that Gerrard drops Sanson and Bailey in favour of Ings and Luiz. More shockingly slow, narrow, football to follow.

Lets hope no-one falls on their arse during the lead up to a goal this time.

• Sad 1

Sort of game this where Spurs have a player who hasn't scored for 23 years, yet he does us against us. 

Surely we are due a performance against a 'top' side at some point and hopefully tonight. I've had covid since Monday, felt absolute crap, but got myself some nice M&S cheese and nibbles and a bottle of Malbec while I watch, to try and perk me up a bit...

3-0 Spurs it is then. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I bet anyone 38 finest Earth pence that Gerrard drops Sanson and Bailey in favour of Ings and Luiz. More shockingly slow, narrow, football to follow.

Lets hope no-one falls on their arse during the lead up to a goal this time.

I reckon 100% thats what hw going to do and drop konsa for chambers.

If it was me id drop watkins and play ings with bailey keeping his place.

I didnt think sanson did bad either. If anyone should get dropped its mcginn

Hope we at least compete this week and its not like the Arsenal or Liverpool performances when we roll over for the better team and we try to play in the 87th minute

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I hope Villa can for once perform and hold our own against a team higher than us in the table. However I noticed that they have beaten us seven out of the last eight meetings!

It's just the same problem for us though when we commit individual errors we will struggle.

And we don't create much to compensate for the individual errors.  You can't put 85 minutes of nothingness down to a couple of individual errors (wolves last week) for example.

He has saw sense and gone back to the system that won 3 in a row. 

Took a few losses to realise that though his blind spot for McGinn continues

Edited by Zatman