Pre match thread

mottaloo

Surprise surprise Gerrards favourites back in the team, he talks utter dross about giving players a fair chance.

Sanson, Chambers beundia and bailey fair chances ay Steve.

ย 

I'll support villa regardless of our lineup but this is favoritism, Ramsey and mcginn walk the tight rope yet again, both have been very poor recently but will remain in starting side.

ย 

Summer will be massive in and outs.

ย 

ย 

UTV

• Like 1

I don't think we will be a case of selling players at the end of season. I think it will be more a case of players will want to leave, because no matter how well they play they don't get a chance to keep their placeย 

SG is MON in disguise although I would be happy to be in top 6 again

• Like 2

I'd have been seriously tempted to play two banks of four today and trying to hit them on the counter. Not that that's how I want us playing but...

I'm concerned about a lack of width and isolating two strikers with Spurs on good form last week.

Not surprised but disappointed to see Sanson dropped, our best midfielder last week. But thought Dougie proved he is our best option at 6 currently as he calmed the midfield down for 20 minutes last week. McGinn or Ramsey should've been the ones making way though.

I can see why he's chosen that team, but I'm underwhelmed.

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

I don't think we will be a case of selling players at the end of season. I think it will be more a case of players will want to leave, because no matter how well they play they don't get a chance to keep their placeย 

SG is MON in disguise although I would be happy to be in top 6 again

Nah mate - all the top pros want to play in this narrow formation don't ya know !!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

You mean like a proper manager would ?

Yeh rapidly losing faith in Gerrard. Just create space and options for Coutinho, we are playing narrow against a team that has 3 CBs and 2 DMs.

• Like 2