Pre match thread

mottaloo

We have had one of those seasons where we just seem to keep coming up against teams at the wrong time. Spurs looked very good in the second half today and will be so confident when they come to us next week! We will really need a good start. An early goal to boost confidence and get the crowd on side. Here’s hoping for a Phil 25 yarder!

The impact Conte has had is very impressive.

Spurs look very organised and most players have improved under him and they look very dangerous going forward.

Would love it if we had some width to our game and it might prevent their fullbacks getting forward so much and hopefully we don't see the 2 number 10s experiment again!

Can only see a Spurs win given the form of both sides but would be great if we could put in a performance.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Spurs are on fire at the moment. When Conte gets that 3-4-3 firing, his teams can be pretty much unplayable. Their front 3 is really dangerous, and they have quality off the bench as well. Be surprised if we come away with points.

On 02/04/2022 at 20:15, OutByEaster? said:

-----------------------------Martinez-------------------------

Cash-------------Konsa---------Mings--------Young

-------------------------Iroegbunam------------------------

----------Ramsey------------------------------Luiz--------

-------------------Buendia------Coutinho---------------

---------------------------Watkins----------------------------

Curious about why people want to persist with two 10’s, instead of going with one 10 and Watkins/Ings on top. 

13 hours ago, smg said:

Please explain.

I was wrong to say its Gerrards run of defeats and not the team as well.  Under Gerrard we seem to win a few then loose  a few. Its weird. 

• Like 1

I think I am going to be positive about this game, we raised our game against chelski, mann yoo, man c£ty............................

It will not be enough though and we will still lose 0 - 3 (Kane, Son x2)

This has a good hammering written all over it.  I would just match Spurs formation and hope for the best, if we play our usual system Kane and Son will have a field day.

---------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

------Chambers------Konsa--------------Mings-------

Cash---------Luiz--------------Ramsey-----------Digne

-----------------Buendia-----------Coutinho---------------

---------------------------Watkins-------------------------------

Or drop Buendia or Coutinho and go with Watkins/Ings up top.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 08:13, delboy54 said:

Perhaps I should make a new thread called "What's the point?"

I live the other side of cambridge, followed villa all my life, (yes born and bred in the shires and now live in Suffolk) first game was a home defeat in 1968    2 - 4 to Bristol City. I am a season ticket holder in the Holte End and I am nearly 64.

Journey takes me about 2 hours each way, I dont get to see all home games but this season I have seen villa win twice...

Next week I will drive up to see the game against spurs to see villa lose either convincingly or assisted by VAR

I am beginning to wonder what is the point...?

I will always follow the villa, enjoy the banter at the back of the Holte but I am beginning to wonder if I can bothered anymore, maybe this is the last season I waste my time going to watch another of the regular abject performances I have witnessed not only this season but over the years....

Please follow VT members try and convince me...

VTID

Derek

We were 13th in the Championship four years ago so I find it rather odd that you're wetting the bed now when we're 10th in the Premier League. You're nearly 64 years old so will have seen us in the Third Division...

🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The impact Conte has had is very impressive.

Spurs look very organised and most players have improved under him and they look very dangerous going forward.

Would love it if we had some width to our game and it might prevent their fullbacks getting forward so much and hopefully we don't see the 2 number 10s experiment again!

Can only see a Spurs win given the form of both sides but would be great if we could put in a performance.

Conte is a top manager, proven at all levels. He is able to get the most from what he has on hand. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Conte is a top manager, proven at all levels. He is able to get the most from what he has on hand. 

Yep he's supposed to be a bit of a bastard but he's a great coach and tactician. Wasn't a bad player either, he does seem to have a shortish shelf life wherever he goes, always a two/three year project max.

The way he has them playing we're going to have to find another gear or two to get anything out of this game. Hopefully we can avoid a mauling.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I don't want a repeat of the Arsenal game here.

Prime time home game full crowd.

I expect to see the players at least turn up for this one.

I think your goung to be in for some disappointment then

• Haha 1