Pre match thread

mottaloo

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

since we’ve been back in the premier league we have played well against the 3-4-3 or variations of it. Have to start fast though.

not saying your wrong but which teams have they been. Usually it was mainly Nuno and Chelsea that play 3 at the back, we always struggled against Sheffield United as well

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

**** the word removed Gerrard. Bailey and Sanson get one **** start. Dropped asap while the word removed McGinn never gets dropped. **** this prick.

Come on spurs. We ain't going down but we need a new manager.

Smith had exactly the same issue tbh.

I dont get it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Just let Luiz and Sanson sit in front of the back 4 and play some attackers with some width.

I agree. I wouldn't have minded seeing

Martinez

Cash  Konsa  Mings  Digne

Buendia Sanson Luiz Bailey

Coutinho

Watkins

Maybe Ramsey or McGinn in for Coutinho, bringing him on later on instead. And try and utilise Baileys pace on the counter down the left switching it into more of a 4-2-3-1 instead

Look at that bench...other than the GK (Olsen), that's probably the deepest bench I've ever seen us have...

Sanson, Buendia, Traore, Chambers, Young, Nakamba, Olsen, Bailey, Chukwuemeka

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

Got to that classic pre match beers stage where I’m convinced we’re going to win. 3-0 UTV Mings Cash Coutinho

(see you all in the 0-2 R&R thread)

I’m at that stage as well..

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not sure which of those 3 statements is the most bizarre ! 😀😀😀😀

Well they are in very good form, have a couple of World Class players, and a World Class Manager.

However, I'm mostly dreading it due to you lot. Lol

I bet some people already have their post match rants written and just waiting to hit enter.

tbh, with the "never drop mcginn", "konsa starts over Chambers for no good reason", "Buendia plays well but no cigar", "sanson was our best midfielder last week and still gets dropped", "Watkins starts regardless of his brick feet".......

Add that to the recent results, and im almost as apathetic as towards the end of Smiths 5 game losing streak, i almost just want this season over with, so i dont have to deal with the nonsense every week.

This team is a mess, and never dropping players who dont play well, seems a major issue to me, it boggles my little mind.

• Like 4

I can't understand the moaning at the team today, with the exception of Konsa instead of Chambers it's pretty much the team that we won three games in a row with recently, makes perfect sense to select this line up. People moaning about last week, but now there's a meltdown because Gerrard has made changes.

And I hate to break it to people but there's no way that McGInn was going to be dropped for Sanson, McGinn whilst inconsistent is still one of our best and most important players and usually if we win it's because he's had a good game, he's not going to be dropped for a player that's not done much with us.

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Surprised no ones opened the new manager thread yet.

You get shouted down for having a negative opinion on his performance 

I would fear death threats if i opened that thread 😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I bet some people already have their post match rants written and just waiting to hit enter.

Not me!

I just have to copy and paste, much easier than writing it again.

• Haha 1