Pre match thread

mottaloo

The only thing giving me hope for this game is spurs have a great chance to stake a claim on a CL spot with a win over a team they should comfortably beat, and it would be the most spursiest thing to ever spurs if we beat them 4-0

• Like 1

The game will need some tactical discipline and pace and graft in the right moments.

I hope Sanson and Bailey keep their places and I really really hope Buendia starts.

Coutinho and Ings to come to hopefully attack some spaces and tired legs with good movement and splitting passes.

No doube we go 1 down in the first 15 and little Phil looks little for 73 mins. 

Just now, Nicho said:

The game will need some tactical discipline and pace and graft in the right moments.

I hope Sanson and Bailey keep their places and I really really hope Buendia starts.

Coutinho and Ings to come to hopefully attack some spaces and tired legs with good movement and splitting passes.

No doube we go 1 down in the first 15 and little Phil looks little for 73 mins. 

Bailey doesn’t really deserve to keep his place tbh 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey doesn’t really deserve to keep his place tbh 

100% agree, probably should have said his inclusion is more in hope that he comes good. Looked way off it in the last game while also looking a little dangerous. Id rather see him and Chuk given chances than play Coutinho/Ings/Watkins/McGinn/Young in the games that dont suit or a forced into formations. 

• Like 1

Bu the sounds of it Gerrard has left no stone unturned combatting the spurs strengths and weaknesses. its up to the players to put in a big pefromance and implement the work they have done in traning. 4 defeats in a row is unacceptable. 

I hope Villa can for once perform and hold our own against a team higher than us in the table. However I noticed that they have beaten us seven out of the last eight meetings!

It's just the same problem for us though when we commit individual errors we will struggle.

52 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Really can't see anything other than a pretty tepid loss here. 3-1 Spurs, Ings to score for us and Kane with a perfect hat trick for them after looking past his best all season.

Hardly. Agree with 'tepid' though.

There's very little likelihood of us winning this, they're a good side in good form with a good record at Villa Park and a lot to play for, they've got good players and a good manager, they're confident, they're organised, they're happy in their formation and they're playing really well. We've no chance. Except...

They're also Spurs, and if any team can "do a Villa" more than Villa can, it's Spurs - we mustn't underestimate Spurs ability to Spurs things up.

We win.

I have no idea how, or why, it's just a feeling I have - the more Spurs are expected to win a game, the more likely it is they'll have a complete fart.

Not that it'll ever happen but I wouldn't mind seeing something like:

Martinez

Cash-Chambers-Mings-Digne

Luiz-Nakamba

Bailey-Buendia-Coutinho

Ings/Watkins

Possibly speaks to being stuck in mid-table obscurity but I've haven't been paying attention enough to even know if Digne or Ings will be back involved, think it's a way of getting both of the most creative attackers in while also not completely sacrificing pace in the process.

I hope Nakamba is fit to play....Interesting how Everton ( with similar problems to us) play Delph, gets MOTM and beat Man U.

I cannot see us stoping Kane & Son.

I really hope we don't start Nakamba tbh. He's been out for a long, long time and has 60-odd minutes in the tank for the U-23s. That's no preparation for a PL game against a decent side. Chambers there with Marv on around 70 mins would probably be the best approach