Pre match thread

mottaloo

After today's abject performance I am dreading this one. If Son and Kane click then I think we'll be on the end of a 4-0 dicking and spurs are hardly ever "spursy" when playing us.

I'd be over the moon with a draw.

I’m annoyed at the moment and picking a team for next weekend out of frustration and boredom.

Martinez 

Cash    Chambers      Mings    Digne

Nakamba

Luiz                    Ramsey

Buendia                Coutinho

Watkins

-----------------------------Martinez-------------------------

Cash-------------Konsa---------Mings--------Young

-------------------------Iroegbunam------------------------

----------Ramsey------------------------------Luiz--------

-------------------Buendia------Coutinho---------------

---------------------------Watkins----------------------------

• Like 1

Perhaps I should make a new thread called "What's the point?"

I live the other side of cambridge, followed villa all my life, (yes born and bred in the shires and now live in Suffolk) first game was a home defeat in 1968    2 - 4 to Bristol City. I am a season ticket holder in the Holte End and I am nearly 64.

Journey takes me about 2 hours each way, I dont get to see all home games but this season I have seen villa win twice...

Next week I will drive up to see the game against spurs to see villa lose either convincingly or assisted by VAR

I am beginning to wonder what is the point...?

I will always follow the villa, enjoy the banter at the back of the Holte but I am beginning to wonder if I can bothered anymore, maybe this is the last season I waste my time going to watch another of the regular abject performances I have witnessed not only this season but over the years....

Please follow VT members try and convince me...

VTID

Derek

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Perhaps I should make a new thread called "What's the point?"

I live the other side of cambridge, followed villa all my life, (yes born and bred in the shires and now live in Suffolk) first game was a home defeat in 1968    2 - 4 to Bristol City. I am a season ticket holder in the Holte End and I am nearly 64.

Journey takes me about 2 hours each way, I dont get to see all home games but this season I have seen villa win twice...

Next week I will drive up to see the game against spurs to see villa lose either convincingly or assisted by VAR

I am beginning to wonder what is the point...?

I will always follow the villa, enjoy the banter at the back of the Holte but I am beginning to wonder if I can bothered anymore, maybe this is the last season I waste my time going to watch another of the regular abject performances I have witnessed not only this season but over the years....

Please follow VT members try and convince me...

VTID

Derek

We are 10 th in the Premier league, try to go back to those halcyon days when we were relegated from the the first division and began our magical slide down division 2 with home crowds of around 8-10000, crumbling ground and and shit administration. If that doesn’t make you feel better then perhaps it is time to call it a day.

• Like 1

Yes I know what you are saying SMG.......perhaps I am morphing into one of those "entitled plastic fans" 😊

I will try and keep positive, but starting to dread the 2 hour journey home after a predictable crushing defeat or points being snatched away by the opposition in the last few minutes.

If we win the journey home only seems to take 15 mins!

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Destroying newcastle at present. What chance do we have if we perform like we did 1st half? They will tear us apart

We're going to have to just sit in for this. No having fullbacks flying past the halfway line for every attack.

Sitting in btw dosen't mean we just camp on the edge of the box all game though, there is a difference.

Wonder if Gerrard is tempted to play a 3-4-3 though and bring in Chambers to match them up a bit more.

Hard to see anything but Spurs win whatever formation we play though especially with Kane back to his best.

5 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Yes I know what you are saying SMG.......perhaps I am morphing into one of those "entitled plastic fans" 😊

I will try and keep positive, but starting to dread the 2 hour journey home after a predictable crushing defeat or points being snatched away by the opposition in the last few minutes.

If we win the journey home only seems to take 15 mins!

You will never join the ever growing group of those “entitled plastic fans” simply because you were there in those dark days and are still here now, a proper fan. However we are a mid table team with aspirations, sadly the time needed to achieve  those aspirations is unknown so as long as we move forward in some way that is progress and something to hold on to. We have generous owners, a developing manager, some excellent proven players and a pool of exciting youngsters, there is much to be positive about  Failing that you could buy a house in Witton that would massively reduce your journey home !!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its hard to see Gerrard not getitng 4 defeats in a row. 

Why Gerrard ? Why not the team that plays the 90 minutes ?

Edited by smg
Spurs should win they are a stronger team than we are.

Spurs look really strong. This is going to be a tough game, Conte starting to put his stamp on them. 

Whoever’s playing defensive mid is going to have a tough time picking up Kane/ Son. Their two full backs are pushing on so well recently. 

No looking forward to this at all. And it’s on Sky! 

• Like 2

I think we'll get a result, if only for the fact that we've lost three on the run, and Spurs have won three in a row, for most teams form goes up and down, we aren't going to keep losing and Tottenham aren't going to keep winning. Might be a draw, but i'm hopeful of a win.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smg said:

Why Gerrard ? Why not the team that plays the 90 minutes ?

Because it doesn’t suit the narrative! Steve is to blame for everything (including Covid and Brexit).

• Like 1