Pre match thread

mottaloo

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Tickets been on general sale for over a week, I'm actually going (only second time after Brentford in August after Burnley got postponed mid season) and picked up a "cheap" 29 quid ticket at back of the Holte.

Can understand people losing interest in the season now, actually wonder if Burnley and Palace if that goes midweek will actually sell out.

When you see performances like Southampton and Leeds, it strikes me, it is in there somewhere....and that was exciting football.

The team needs the fans for the run in.....more than ever.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We were 7th in goals conceded last season. I don't necessarily think our problems are defensive.

It's our overall balance that's not quite there, as I know you've pointed out yourself on many occasions!.

I agree...couldn't agree more

Thats what I meant.....I meant we have more offensive minded players, than defensive minded players.

We won 3 games not conceding.....and then concede so easily in the next 3......its an enigma.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

We were 7th in goals conceded last season. I don't necessarily think our problems are defensive.

It's our overall balance that's not quite there, as I know you've pointed out yourself on many occasions!.

Even this season we're only 2-5 goals off what Spurs, West Ham and Man. United have conceded so we're not far off what top 4 contenders are conceding.

We need to sign a new DM and also another LB but beyond that I'm not convinced we need as radical makeover at the back as many demand.

They are more pressing issues in final third for us to sort out first.

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Our best games by far came with Watkins and Ings up top so I can’t see a reason to play anything else.

Martinez

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

Ramsey Luiz Sanson (Chuk on at 60?)

Coutinho

Watkins Ings

This pretty much. Drop McGinn and give him a rest, let him come on with 20mins to go. Sanson deserves a run of games.

Can always change it up with Bailey / Buendia second half if our shape needs changing.

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You could transform the atmosphere at Villa Park much more effectively by getting them all sat together in the Ellis or the Trinity - the key to improving the atmosphere at Villa Park isn't in making the Holte better, the Holte is already the source of most of the noise, it's about making the whole ground better.

But probably 95% of the away fans sit in the Holte.  If you moved them all to the Trinity, you'd have a 3,000 person hole in the Holte. and they've probably the main ones who start the songs in the Holte so the Holte would be much quieter without them.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

But probably 95% of the away fans sit in the Holte.  If you moved them all to the Trinity, you'd have a 3,000 person hole in the Holte. and they've probably the main ones who start the songs in the Holte so the Holte would be much quieter without them.

But if they're already there, you're not going to transform the atmosphere by putting them there?

On 05/04/2022 at 13:22, romavillan said:

Our away support is consistently amazing. I've said it before but the club should do something to get them all sat together in the holte, would transform the atmosphere at VP.

I think a lot of the atmosphere of away ends is alcohol driven owing to the set up of an away day for most fans. I.e travelling for hours on trains and coaches to pubs before games. Home fans arent doing that. 

• Like 1

Pointless game. We are on the beac
John Mcginn can put on his sun glasses and watch Harry Kane show him how you do the hollywood passing correctly.
Give Watkins 3 1on1's with the goalkeeper, I'm sure he will score 1, but 1 only.
Mings to get his 10th booking to miss the next 2 games

Holte enders on the beach 

• Like 1