Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/22 at 23:59

I'm really starting to hate football and it's starting to effect my mental health tbh. I've loved this club as long as I can remember, quite literally, my earliest memory is watching us in the League Cup. 

After watching us assist Newcasbah staying in the Premier League, I'm not sure I can do it anymore. We all know what comes next for them and for us.

• Like 2

better second half but on the whole the team weren’t up for the fight against a kick and bite team aided by a friendly referee… I 
Ised  to rate Eddie Howe as a manger , how did he fall so low to deliver a team like that ?

Mings looked the only player up for the fight today , everyone else should hang their head in shame .

hope to see some changes for the next game … but you already know what the starting 11 will be 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Look how much Joelinton got away with

Someone please tell me that I'm wrong about this ref, regardless of how bad we have been, this was not a yellow and it was one of a number of suspicious decisions he and var have made today. This isn't an isolated example of what we as a team are up against almost every game.

As for our performance, wow, poor doesn't do it justice. Lots of hard work needed. Playing on a level playing field might help us though.

• Like 1

Now that was a dreadful performance. Even when we finally had momentum and were putting pressure on them we looked toothless. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen such poor handling, poor crossing and poor passing. What makes it worse is Newcastle weren’t even that good. A fortuitous bounce off Buendia and VAR give them the 3 points.

May have been fresher legs but Ings needs to start next time. And Sanson on for Luiz. Or at the very least don’t let Luiz near a set piece.

I think we’ve possibly had some worse performances (Arsenal) but I don’t think I’ve watched a Villa game with quite such a level of disgust. Just an absolute disgrace.

Either the coaching is appalling or the players don’t give a shit. Or both. The lack of movement was hideous, forcing players into passes that weren’t on. Not a single shot on target in three halves of football, playing Leeds and Newcastle.

Coutinho busted a gut IMO but ended up isolated constantly because nobody was moving for him. Mings was pretty good, too. Could’ve been a lot worse without him. 

Definitely time for a break. No enjoyment to be had from watching us lately. Football in general is a bit shit, to be fair. Largely because of the incompetence of officials. 

• Like 2

Mcginn dog dirt

Doug dog dirt

Cash dog dirt

Chambers and mings dog dirt

Ramsey over playing

Digne out of position 

Watkins slow an complete blunt 

Martinez beaten in the middle of his goal

Phil not in the game

Emi not in the game

Subs

Ings did nothing

Chuck did nothing

Bailey a couple nice runs but shit passing

And we are supposed to pick a man of the match ?

Manager gets very poor for leaving doug on set pieces after the first 3 abortions of attempts, for not hauling mcginn off at half time, for not replacing him for sansom, for waiting until too late to make any subs and then takes off emi leaving mcginn on

Ref, put him only at poor when in reality he could have been worse.

Shower of shite, those 3 words sum up the entire first team players and manager today.

A thoroughly crap performance with little to redeem it. 

We seem to have regressed right back to the dark days of early November when our confidence was entirely shot. The players today seemed to have little belief in their own abilities or the way they were being asked to play.

A totally miserable afternoon. Off in search of sugar products.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

What has changed from the shit Smith served up?

Nothing much but what do you expect to do about it? Do we need to spend another 100 million on players? At some point you have to make it work with what you have.

Mings was out best player in a system that seems doomed to fail.  If Digne and Cash are our furthest forward players and the rest of the team are there to fill in THE FXXXXNG MASSIVE HOLES DOWN THE SIDES THAT THEY LEAVE BEHIND then we're going to lose a lot of games this season.

Really pissed off with that.  Newcastle playing with 4/5 choice full backs and we can't even exploit it.  Shite, really shite

Edited by Adman
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

What has changed from the shit Smith served up?

About £70m of the new heads coaches picks incoming 

(Counting Coutinho as £40m asset)

......But hey wait until he has another Window !!!!

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I'm really starting to hate football and it's starting to effect my mental health tbh. I've loved this club as long as I can remember, quite literally, my earliest memory is watching us in the League Cup. 

After watching us assist Newcasbah staying in the Premier League, I'm not sure I can do it anymore. We all know what comes next for them and for us.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this at the moment. 

• Like 1

Â